When to tell the CO

buckfever

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2002
Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
Just advice .....when replying within a quote.....either bold your response or change the font color. Makes it a whole lot easier to read.

So...lets see what I get out of your response....

You would tresspass to take a dump in the cornpile....then confront the landowner in hopes that you can beat some sence into him. You really have no use for laws & the system is a failure. Basically the rest is the same....anyone wrongs you...your going to bust mouths & heads .....then let the law have'm after your done. Basically your mindset is your the sherrif...judge & jury.

I already feel the world is a safer place after reading this. Let me know how this works out for you.

LOL. . . After reading the JDMiller quote above, it was so diametrically different from anything you had ever expressed before that I supposed that you suffered some kind of closed head injury over the weekend. I'm glad to hear you are doing OK. :)

deerhunter1984

6 pointer
Mar 30, 2005
Irvine,Ky
Just advice .....when replying within a quote.....either bold your response or change the font color. Makes it a whole lot easier to read.

So...lets see what I get out of your response....

You would tresspass to take a dump in the cornpile....then confront the landowner in hopes that you can beat some sence into him. You really have no use for laws & the system is a failure. Basically the rest is the same....anyone wrongs you...your going to bust mouths & heads .....then let the law have'm after your done. Basically your mindset is your the sherrif...judge & jury.

I already feel the world is a safer place after reading this. Let me know how this works out for you.

The advice wasn't necessary, the meaning for posting without making it BOLD was to see who would even take the time to actually read it (since some neglect to do so).

I would take a dump in someone's corn pile that's breaking the rules/laws, damn right! & indeed confront him...not with the intentions of starting a fight or throwing down, but to show the same lack of respect he's enforcing. I do have use for laws, & the system is a failure. Having laws & enforcing them is one thing, but having laws that come with too little enforcement & pentalty is my biggest problem with it. & yes, if someone wrongs me in a manner that needs to be handled with busting them in the mouth, by all means I will do so...& then let the law/courts do basically nothing to them. This is what I'm talking about, the laws are there, but to me they're too light. For instance, a 10 year old is sexually molested their entire life...someone finds out about it, the accused goes to jail. For what, 10 years? Or until they've been "good" enough behind bars to deserve a second chance. You think that's right, huh? & don't tell me I'm way off topic, 'cause I know I'm not. If someone molested my child, the law better hope they get em before I do & they best make the best out of their time behind bars. I'm not saying I'm the sheriff, judge & jury. I'm saying those who represent the sheriff, judge & jury are just as corrupted as the laws/systems themselves.

After reading what you have to say/how you feel, it's no wonder so many lack pride & a sense of knowing they best take up for themselves & expect others not to. For 26 years, no that's not long, but for me it has worked out just fine. I'm not having to deal with these conflicts of trespassing & what not. I've dealt with it in the past, my way, & since...all has been fine. I'm not worried about someone coming onto my land, someone disrespecting me or someone doing something to/around me & getting away with it. 'Cause I know I will stand up for me, & those around me that need it as well. No one will make a coward out of me without a fight, my way. I WILL NEVER count on the law or court systems to settle a matter of my own, if I can take care of it myself. Keep letting others walk all over you & those around you, count on the law and the courts to take care of you...& let me know how that works out for you & whom ever else follows those same principles!

Last edited:

smashdn

12 pointer
Nov 24, 2003
Palmyra, Kentucky
The argument is beyond that, it's just an example of how some talk...without action.

So are you advocating that we who advised the Op to call the CO do it for him? Or are you stating that if those advocating calling the CO were faced with the same situation wouldn't they themselves call the CO?

Sounds like you are calling bull on the fact that some people have the fortitude to do the right thing when they recognize a wrong has been done. I can personally assure you that in the two instances that I have found corn piles on a WMA the CO was contacted and told there whereabouts. How he handled the situation was then entirely up to him and his judgment. I did my part.

If they didn't want you to call I doubt they would advertize the number, 1-800-25 ALERT.

smashdn

12 pointer
Nov 24, 2003
Palmyra, Kentucky
The advice wasn't necessary, the meaning for posting without making it BOLD was to see who would even take the time to actually read it (since some neglect to do so).

I didn't until it was pointed out in JDMiller's reply. I just assumed you felt it necessary to quote somebody's entire diatribe.

I like the pull out the parts I am quoting individually and put my responses after. You can just copy and paste the ([)QUOTE=deerhunter1984] and ([)/QUOTE].

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
After reading what you have to say/how you feel, it's no wonder so many lack pride & a sense of knowing they best take up for themselves & expect others not to. For 26 years, no that's not long, but for me it has worked out just fine. I'm not having to deal with these conflicts of trespassing & what not. I've dealt with it in the past, my way, & since...all has been fine. I'm not worried about someone coming onto my land, someone disrespecting me or someone doing something to/around me & getting away with it. 'Cause I know I will stand up for me, & those around me that need it as well. No one will make a coward out of me without a fight, my way. I WILL NEVER count on the law or court systems to settle a matter of my own, if I can take care of it myself. Keep letting others walk all over you & those around you, count on the law and the courts to take care of you...& let me know how that works out for you & whom ever else follows those same principles!

Seems you make a whole lot assumptions about people ......but whatever turns your crank.

The good Lords seen fit for me to survive going on nearly 44 years and during that time I've had to deal with a whole slew of issues related to hunting...owning land in general. Tresspassers....break in's at our cabin...theft....people who dump garbage on our property....the list goes on. This is also not short of life experiences in general we all share.The majority was taken care of without calling LE but theres been times I've had to have their asistance....I wont deny. I'd also say in regards to threats to my family..... that is without a doubt a good way someone will be hurt by me...or worse. I feel that the majority of people with families feel the same way....so its nothing to claim any type of superiority.

I also feel with age.....the piss & vinegar subsides a little and you understand your actions always have a reaction. When you realize your own children grow & mature by your example ..you begin changing your thought process on how you handle situations. You also gain a whole different perspective and think about the outcome of your actions. Things get more black & white....or better stated right or wrong.

I know this sounds like mindless babble ....it would have to me at 26. It just has nothing to do with cowardice.... or letting someone walk over you... it has yet to happen....and wont. I also admit your displeasure with LE or the system in general is off base....way off base in my opinion. I've known several CO's....police officers ....state troopers....never once have I ever felt they would'nt adress my concerns if asked. Heck I would'nt...and have'nt never had an issue of going to my commissioner or even John Gassett if I had a concerns relating to wildlife issues. Has nothing to do with anyones abillity to take care of the issue themselves by jacking someones jaw....anyone can do that and does'nt make anyone special. To be able to find resolve within the legal bounds ...thats the hard part.

So..... I've said my peace....its turkey season and I really dont wont to debate differing opinions any more. I will still adamantly say.....let me know how this works out for you...and wish you the best of luck.

Labrador

8 pointer
Dec 14, 2001
KY
The only thing I've derived from this entire thread: there are some people I have a lot of respect for; there are others that I wouldn't care enough to piss on their grave.

It seems many have said the same thing just in different words.

redfox

Fawn
Jan 8, 2009
I think a lot of times, the one's ratting..are only doing so because the person they are ratting on is doing the same as they are. Thus bringing jealousy into the picture, or "he's taking away from me (though I'm doing the exact same thing)." I've noticed over time that 9 out of 10 times the person ratting, is breaking the law/are scum themselves. Oh wait though, "some think" they are saints. An old saying I used to hear was; "You must first be a sinner before you even think about being a saint." Just my honest opinion.

i have sinned on Mt Zion Rd

deerhunter1984

6 pointer
Mar 30, 2005
Irvine,Ky
So are you advocating that we who advised the Op to call the CO do it for him? Or are you stating that if those advocating calling the CO were faced with the same situation wouldn't they themselves call the CO?

Sounds like you are calling bull on the fact that some people have the fortitude to do the right thing when they recognize a wrong has been done. I can personally assure you that in the two instances that I have found corn piles on a WMA the CO was contacted and told there whereabouts. How he handled the situation was then entirely up to him and his judgment. I did my part.

If they didn't want you to call I doubt they would advertize the number, 1-800-25 ALERT.

I'm saying those who have such a "BIG" problem with these situations and whom are high on calling the CO/LE...would try to do something themselves, aside from just giving advice. If it bothers someone so much you would think they would do a little more than just post here, since they have so much faith in something actually being done.

I'm indeed calling bull in some sorts, so many here already know a wrong has been done here, one would think they would see to it that a higher authority got a glance. I mean, how can one think other wise with some of these post. A snitch, a rat, or whatever you wanna call it would go to the extent to see to it someone found out. You guys are the ones putting it out there like that, not me.

You're right they wouldn't advertise the number if they didn't want you to call, but do they advertise what goes on behind that number?! Do you really want to know the last time I saw or had any idea of a CO in my area?

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
I'm saying those who have such a "BIG" problem with these situations and whom are high on calling the CO/LE...would try to do something themselves, aside from just giving advice. If it bothers someone so much you would think they would do a little more than just post here, since they have so much faith in something actually being done.

I'm indeed calling bull in some sorts, so many here already know a wrong has been done here, one would think they would see to it that a higher authority got a glance. I mean, how can one think other wise with some of these post. A snitch, a rat, or whatever you wanna call it would go to the extent to see to it someone found out. You guys are the ones putting it out there like that, not me.

You're right they wouldn't advertise the number if they didn't want you to call, but do they advertise what goes on behind that number?! Do you really want to know the last time I saw or had any idea of a CO in my area?

So how can someone a hundred miles away call a CO and tell him he read on a forum that someone broke the law and be taken serious? Come on.

I just wonder how some would feel if someone knew who stole everything in their house or stole their four wheeler and didnt "rat" on them. How would you like it if you were the one on the other side? Would you want them ratted out?

deerhunter1984

6 pointer
Mar 30, 2005
Irvine,Ky
So how can someone a hundred miles away call a CO and tell him he read on a forum that someone broke the law and be taken serious? Come on.

I just wonder how some would feel if someone knew who stole everything in their house or stole their four wheeler and didnt "rat" on them. How would you like it if you were the one on the other side? Would you want them ratted out?

I indeed would want them ratted out, & it would be even better if it were told to me first. I do not want to fool with wasting my time with LE. That's how it is here, if you dealt with the LE around here, you would understand. If you want something done you have to do it yourself. & do you really want to know when the last time was I seen or even heard of a CO around these parts? I just wonder how some would feel if they were a snitch & had every tom, dick & harry (whom they knew personally) damaging their property out of spite? Would they take care of it themselves or go along the lines of contacting LE whom may not even be able to prove who's doing it, & have it continue for months before very little, if anything gets done?

KYBH4Life

Banned
Feb 13, 2011

there is a difference. Calling LE on someone b/c they cheated on killing a bird vs breaking into someone's home...totally different set of curcumstances. Read in Outdoor Life today, new issue, how they state..forgot the page...the wildlife belongs to all of us. So no one is stealing someone else's bird. Cheating yes...but not stealing. As long as he pays for his license/tag, he's definitely not stealing....but cheating. I just think a lot people on here are crybabies about it....it's not a life-altering situation for you if someone baits with corn....yet you plan on making it just that for the other person.

As for the those on their horses, I absolutely invite you to come stay in southern Nelson County, Marion or Larue county this fall. If you rat on every person you see with a game violation, I give you a month at most.

CSS archer

BBBC Members
Dec 13, 2001
Central KY
I don't like poachers, most here don't like them.. Knowledge of poaching and not reporting it is almost as bad as poaching itsself. That's what our CO's are for to enforce our wildlife laws, without tips from responsible sportsmen and women they simply cannot effectively do their job.

If you suppport poachers, then don't call 1-800-25 ALERT to report violators...

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
I indeed would want them ratted out, & it would be even better if it were told to me first. I do not want to fool with wasting my time with LE. That's how it is here, if you dealt with the LE around here, you would understand. If you want something done you have to do it yourself. & do you really want to know when the last time was I seen or even heard of a CO around these parts? I just wonder how some would feel if they were a snitch & had every tom, dick & harry (whom they knew personally) damaging their property out of spite? Would they take care of it themselves or go along the lines of contacting LE whom may not even be able to prove who's doing it, & have it continue for months before very little, if anything gets done?

So it's OK to rat them out as long as it helps you...OK, I see. Maybe the reason you don't see any LE around your parts is because none of you have a sack to stand up to law breakers. They know they are wasting their time.

You guys are no different than the people living in the hood and letting gangs run your life because you are afraid to take a stand. Nothing gets better because no one stands up.

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
there is a difference. Calling LE on someone b/c they cheated on killing a bird vs breaking into someone's home...totally different set of curcumstances. Read in Outdoor Life today, new issue, how they state..forgot the page...the wildlife belongs to all of us. So no one is stealing someone else's bird. Cheating yes...but not stealing. As long as he pays for his license/tag, he's definitely not stealing....but cheating. I just think a lot people on here are crybabies about it....it's not a life-altering situation for you if someone baits with corn....yet you plan on making it just that for the other person.

As for the those on their horses, I absolutely invite you to come stay in southern Nelson County, Marion or Larue county this fall. If you rat on every person you see with a game violation, I give you a month at most.

The problem you have is unless someone is being murdered then you thinks it's not a crime. I may just get a bunch of my buddies and come up there and kill all your deer and turkeys and you will not do anything about it. Man what a great place....

Latest posts