When things on TV were really funny

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Nobody is making you guys boost their ratings. Although I currently have cable piped into the house, I rarely waste time polluting my mind hence soul with their trash and have rarely done so most of my life, easily recognizing all for what it truly happens to be. If you lack the discipline to do the same, simply disconnect all. I intend upon doing so once again, within the next few months when warm outside again.

I used to pay for satellite down in Florida once a year in advance and kept my big screen upon nothing but Sirius Music the entire time, just a black screen with the name of the song, artist... until the entity attempted to jack my rate for the umpteenth time, repeatedly receiving a no from me. I finally told them to shove it. Was wasting my money paying for it anyhow, even though I had an extremely low rate locked in forever. Regular, daily storms always knocked it out for a while, as well. It's up to you and you alone.

Last edited:

BELLY UP!!!

6 pointer
Jun 14, 2009
lawrenceburg, ky
The Elephant Story on the Carol Burnett Show with Carol, Conway, Vicki Lawrence and Van Dyke is one of the funniest skits I've ever seen. Lawrence's timing with that slightly off color remark was perfect. Watching them crack each other up was the main reason for watching that show.

Here's one of my all time favorite Carson shows; you just can't get much better than Bob Hope, Dean Martin and George Gobel; with Carson as ringmaster. Start around 11:00 when Gobel comes out. Rodney Dangerfield and Joan Rivers were always a riot on his show too. OH ... and Jonathan Winters too ... he was certifiable!

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=george+gobel+dean+martin+bob+hope+on+johnny+carson

As far as family westerns, Tales of Wells Fargo was one of my favorites and I've seen it running on one of the antenna stations not too long ago. Dale Robertson was the real deal as far as horsemanship goes, he was training polo ponies at age 12, or so the story went.
I guess Charlie's Angels would be out of the question but Dallas was a great series and not too off color, JR was a rotten SOB. :D[/QUOT

Also the dentist skit on Carol Burnett. with Harvey in the chair. Tim Conway kept sticking himself with the needle and going num.