When things on TV were really funny

00noturkey

12 pointer
Oct 31, 2011
High Grove
the Carol Burnett, was the best. the skit was she was doing "gone with the wind" an she came down the steps with those green curtains, still had a curtain rod, as a dress still sticks in my mind.
sometimes it was hard to watch lucy, sometimes it would give me goosebumps, and the hair on the back of my neck and arms would stand up.

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
the Carol Burnett, was the best. the skit was she was doing "gone with the wind" an she came down the steps with those green curtains, still had a curtain rod, as a dress still sticks in my mind.
sometimes it was hard to watch lucy, sometimes it would give me goosebumps, and the hair on the back of my neck and arms would stand up.
Lucy was pretty damn good in my opinion.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
Wild Wild West
Love that one. Not too many westerns I didn’t like.

My favorite was always Laramie. I wish Robert Fuller could just walk behind me and narrate my life for a day. He was a fast draw (in real life as well), just the king of cool. Always plenty of good laughs on that show as well.

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
You can't get there from here.
My entire family has restarted the Andy Griffith show for the umpteenth time and playing dominoes after dinner/before bed. I need another easily accessible show to introduce them to. What am I forgetting? What show is family friendly, wholesome….but great entertainment that I’m not thinking of from years past? I’m not a Waltons guy, or Leave it to Beaver. Where can I find Bonanza?
Do you use the new PC red and green dominos?

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
You can't get there from here.
I loved Daniel Boone

Try this one.

upload_2022-1-18_6-17-44.png

KY_Fried

12 pointer
Nov 13, 2003
Foster, KY, USA.
There's just as many funny people today as there ever were, probably more. It's just that everything's so PC and WOKE now, nobody's allowed to talk about anything that's actually funny anymore. Unless of course it's at the expense of right leaning white guys, which is fine, there's lots to make fun of there, but everyone else should be fair game as well.

Last edited: