When things on TV were really funny

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
I think my kids would be fine with an older production “adult” film. They loved Lonesome Dove….but I did have to fast forward a couple “poke” scenes. I don’t care about violence or language. Only sex to be completely honest.
Nothing adult about Gunsmoke, but it’s very mature. Not mature sexual just mature.

Little House on the Prairie is a good one for kids, Little Joe part 2 lol. The whole series starting with the 1974 two hour pilot is on Amazon Prime. The series gets dull and starts being rinsed and repeated story lines after the first few seasons though like most of them. Can’t believe you canceled the Waltons lmao, that’s as American as fried chicken.

KYote-Krusher

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2006
South Central Kentucky
The Elephant Story on the Carol Burnett Show with Carol, Conway, Vicki Lawrence and Van Dyke is one of the funniest skits I've ever seen. Lawrence's timing with that slightly off color remark was perfect. Watching them crack each other up was the main reason for watching that show.

Here's one of my all time favorite Carson shows; you just can't get much better than Bob Hope, Dean Martin and George Gobel; with Carson as ringmaster. Start around 11:00 when Gobel comes out. Rodney Dangerfield and Joan Rivers were always a riot on his show too. OH ... and Jonathan Winters too ... he was certifiable!

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=george+gobel+dean+martin+bob+hope+on+johnny+carson

As far as family westerns, Tales of Wells Fargo was one of my favorites and I've seen it running on one of the antenna stations not too long ago. Dale Robertson was the real deal as far as horsemanship goes, he was training polo ponies at age 12, or so the story went.
I guess Charlie's Angels would be out of the question but Dallas was a great series and not too off color, JR was a rotten SOB. :D

Last edited:

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
Little House on the Prairie is a good one for kids, Little Joe part 2 lol. The whole series starting with the 1974 two hour pilot is on Amazon Prime. The series gets dull and starts being rinsed and repeated story lines after the first few seasons though like most of them. Can’t believe you canceled the Waltons lmao, that’s as American as fried chicken.
My oldest daughter liked little house but the other three didn’t buy in. I liked the Ingles growing up, but it wasn’t my favorite.

Trust me, my parents tried and tried again to get me to watch the Walton’s and I just couldn’t get into it. It seemed like a world half way in between where I wanted it to be. Kinda the same as the Little House on the prairie. I can’t really explain it. Maybe I’ll try it again as an adult?