Wheel Guns

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by Fat Tony, Dec 31, 2014.

1. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    JD, how much do those used 586s run nowadays?

2. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I've seen them (586) run anywhere between $450 all the way up to nearly $600... pending condition. Which I've ran across several with 4" barrels that were decent buys but as far as 6" barrels .. not so much.

The 686 stainless will bring a tad more .... but from what I've seen really not fetching a whole lot more than the blued 586.

Their a fine revolver that will probably just continue to go up in value in my opinion. Probably never be a Colt Python / Ruger RedHawks type of price .. but still good if you hang onto it for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Had mine for 21 yrs. My dad signed for it for my 19th b-day present. Paid $190 for it

4. Buck_Nasty

Buck_Nasty 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2009
    Laurel County
    Great choice on the Ruger. If, by chance, you decide in the future to scope it, check out this guy.

http://www.jackweigand.com/Ruger-GP100-Scope-Mounts-No-Drill.html

He makes excellent products. You can also see how these no drill mounts install by watching some you tube videos. Friend of mine has a Super Blackhawk in his shop I was looking at. The only downfall to it is that it is the New Model design, which means it would have to be drilled and tapped for a mount. I studied on buying it to hunt with, but at $20 a hole from the Smith, with three holes to be drilled, I opted to pass. Will probably pick up one of the Hunter models at a later date that has the cuts already on the firearm to mount a optic, and I will go with Weigand's product for that as well.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  5. Fat Tony

Fat Tony 12 pointer

If Buds ever sends it to me, I may call him.

Ordered 13 days ago and got an email 3 days ago saying it was updating from processing to being in the shipping department. I think they must be using it to prop up a wobbly leg on their desk. Cause I could have walked there to pick it up and back in 3+ days.

6. Fat Tony

Fat Tony 12 pointer

It showed yesterday.

1st range report was freaking awesome. Accurate as heck. Low recoil. Well weighted and balanced. I even love the molded hogue grip.

I may never shoot one of my polymer semis again. This is what handgunning was meant to be.

7. inchr48

inchr48 10 pointer

May 14, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Sounds great, I love my SP101 (GP100's little brother).

8. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    Well, gosh, it would appear one of our mods is a Bud's employee. I hear that's the policy on their website, too. Delete all posts/reviews that are the least bit unflattering.

About the revolver, I have a friend who owns an SP101, at least that's what I think it is, and it's the nicest shooting revolver I've ever fired.

9. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Do tell.....

10. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    Manzanita, nothing here has been deleted that any of us can see. What are you referring to?

11. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    I had written a response to Dux's frustration at waiting for Bud's to ship. My experience was similar but not as long a wait as he had. In fact, it was more about my going crazy waiting for the item to be marked as shipped rather than complaining about Bud's.

Maybe I hit the "Reply to Thread" button again instead of the post button after typing it. I've done that before and lost a post but I've always noticed it right when it happened. Could be I didn't notice. Then again, I really thought I had seen it posted. Doesn't matter.

12. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    Nope, nothing ever posted here and no ties to Bud's.

13. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    Choose your ammo wisely for deer hunting. A friend of mine didn't and it wasn't pretty. His deer ended up with 6 holes in it before it went down.

14. Fat Tony

Fat Tony 12 pointer

Been using 158 gr JSP to pracice with. Figured I go with those. If I do my job, and limit shots to bow range, that should be plenty.

15. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    I bought an SP101 in 357 the other day. I have not been out to shoot it yet, but she shore is purty.