what's with the long beard xrs

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by savagehunter, Mar 29, 2020.

1. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    I wonder if they are making the cheap lead loads shoot like crap on purpose so people spend the big bucks and they make a bigger profit.
    I won't be using shells that cost $5-7 dollars each I will start reloading, find something that works and buy enough supply's to last my life time.

OLE RASPY likes this.
  2. Southpaw

Southpaw 10 pointer

Oct 2, 2005
    Northern Ky
    We are in the same boat. Im also down too my last two. I wish I wlda stockpiled some.

bgkyarcher likes this.
  3. savagehunter

savagehunter Spike

May 28, 2019
    glasgow ky
    I GO SOME TSS #9 TO DAY THEY ARE NOT THAT GREAT A LITTLE BETTER BUT NOT WROTH THE PRICE FOR THE DIFF. I NOTICE MY GUNIS SHOOTING LOW IF I AIM AT THE MIDDELL OF THE NECK IF I AIM AT THE HEAD ITS GREAT I GUESS IT'S TIME TO PUT A SCOPE ON IT THEN I CAN PUT THE SHOT WERE I'AM AIMING...

4. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    I use the XR 3 inch 5's 1 3/4 with a Carlson LBXR choke and a red dot to center the pattern. I've tried lots of combinations over the years and this works the best of all of them. If the pattern gets any tighter I might as well use a rifle.

5. wv67

wv67 12 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    I haven’t had trouble with them so far knock on wood

6. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    They pattern great outta my mossy.

7. Jarhead

Jarhead 8 pointer

Feb 20, 2005
    Allen co. Ky.
    My Super X2 loved those Winchester Extended Range 6s!!!! Wish I still had a bunch!!!

8. Duckwisperer

Duckwisperer Spike

Jan 11, 2020
    Arkansas
    I used to have a 835 tactile turkey I could never get it to pattern consistantly no matter what shell or choke i used and I tried several multiple times finally sold the gun got a Winchester SXP turkey and have been very pleased w it the factory choke for this gun is very good Ive killed several birds w it. I killed a few w the 835 but it cost me some birds too thought it was me until I kept trying to get a consistent pattern from it and couldn't.

DARKCLOUD likes this.