What would you do?

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by pondbuster, Sep 14, 2020.

1. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    The little pecker wood probably poked a hole in it and, rather taking responsibility for it himself, wanted to say it was sold that way.

2. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    Yeah sorry pal. Tough luck.

always write up a bill of sale stating property is sold as is no warranty or guarentee.

if there was a hole he could’ve put it in after he bought it. That’s his place to inspect the boat pre sale or take it out on a test run before buying.

3. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

The fact that he wouldn't get on the phone tells you everything you need to know. His wife didn't like it and she had the cell in one hand and his balls in the other.

EC, Nock, HeadedWest and 4 others like this.
  4. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    X2^ punkass move. My dad is nice like that too(I didn't get that gene lol) and watching ppl take advantage of his kindness irks me to no end

5. captfire

captfire Fawn

Oct 13, 2015
    I sold my rzr last year a boy came to look at it give me 200.00 to hold it tell next day I said fine but if u don't come get it your 200.00 is mine he said ok well guess what he didn't show up till 2 days lateter I sold it before hecame back I told him to bad u know what I told u he got all mad and left only to return with his dad it got bad real quick I told them to get the H out of here that's the last ive seen of them...and know he Didn't get his 200.00 back...

dirtstalker, EC and Trapper Delk like this.
  6. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    They stole your dad's boat. Also, I would've let it go to court. Even without a bill of sale, "as is" would've been understood on a used vehicle.

Trapper Delk likes this.
  7. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 8 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    If you didn't get that boat back I'd be calling sheriff's department

8. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Get the boat back and just let him be on his way. Nothing other than buyers remorse. Sell it to someone else. Not worth the aggravation

9. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    These sales are final. It was transferred and it was up to them to inspect it before they paid. Now that its in his name you can't get the boat back if you wanted to. You should have gotten the boat transferred back then paid him.

Carl and Trapper Delk like this.
  10. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    Crag list is full of scam artist and this guy is probably one of them. He pulled it off perfectly. Sorry for your loss. :(