What was your crazyest job when you were younger ?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Duster, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Anse

Anse 6 pointer

Dec 17, 2013
    Being a sercert monitor on this website....it gets rough sometimes!,

2. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement

What the hell is that!!,

3. Dubya Gee

Dubya Gee 8 pointer

Apr 10, 2012
    Snow, KY
    I have been nicotine poisoned 3 or 4 times in all my years of growing burley. Easy to prevent, but it does happen. The first time I got a dose, it was, and still is, the sickest I have ever been. That includes my wildest alcohol fueled weekends in my teens and twenties. It was like a 3 day bender with the hangover rolled into it. Hallucinations, dizzy, room spinning, headache, vomiting,.... You get the idea. The other times weren't as severe, just kinda like a run of the mill hangover, but I thought the first time was gonna kill me........

I've grown tobacco my whole life, and I can promise I would rather fall out of the barn than deal with a healthy dose of nicotine poisoning.

4. Dubya Gee

Dubya Gee 8 pointer

Apr 10, 2012
    Snow, KY
    No real crazy stuff for me. Worked at a dock on Lake Cumberland in high school. Cool job, but not crazy. My current job has me managing 21 people scattered across 19 counties in TN and KY. Not to mention I'm still farming..... That is beginning to test my sanity.....lol!

There have been some really cool jobs posted in this thread. Keep 'em coming.

5. Snareman2

Snareman2 12 pointer

Feb 25, 2007
    Think of all the times you had black gummy hands from topping tobacco! How many chemicals did you absorb? I did it all the time, my whole childhood and beginning of my twenties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Dubya Gee

Dubya Gee 8 pointer

Apr 10, 2012
    Snow, KY
    Shouldn't be any real chemical residue at all at topping time. Unless you sprayed recently before you entered and removed the bloom. Even then, if you wait the appropriate time before reentry, the MH and Orthene residue would be negligible. The gum on your hands is produced naturally by the plant.

7. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    im 21 now so I'm still young but 2 summers ago i worked as a pool boy cleaning pools. i learned one thing. what you see in those videos online isn't real. never once did some hot lady drag me inside her house...

8. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Top tier isn't bad ... being stuck on the bottom will change your mind even concerning hanging it.... LOL.

I think it's fair to say tobacco has been the leading cause of many in seeking another profession. Which I don't like to say never about anything but it would take a whole bunch of misfortune for me to do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Anse

Anse 6 pointer

Dec 17, 2013
    Helping with rattle snake round ups In Texas

10. Buck_Nasty

Buck_Nasty 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2009
    Laurel County
    For me, it was a guide for an outfitter. Had this guy named Tony from Kentucky once that harvested a elk, and everything went smoothly. But when we said we needed to take some pictures, he started shedding clothes. Then he put his blaze orange vest back on and flexed up for the picture. Strange dude...Pretty sure there is a picture of him around here somewhere.

11. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    image.jpg

Why....because the ladies absolutely LOVE tony in Kentucky!! I've spent my entire adult life emulating that specimen of a man and I can only dream to one day exude 1/4 of the sex appeal he naturally emits.

12. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Is he still on here? Or did you guys run him off over the pic?

13. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    He left with the concealed carry Katana dude..
    [​IMG]

14. sacmarata

sacmarata 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2014
    there
    I never did it but I was approached by a guy on Lake cumberland when I was 17. He wanted me to sink a bunch of boats (probably a rental fleet.) He said he would pay me $25,000 and I could keep anything that was on the boats but had to make it look like they had been vandalized...LOL

I guess the only weird job I actually had was at a factory I worked at. I was told I was being replaced by a robot that would lift and stack the same stuff I was doing. Sure enough they installed the robot and it did everything I could do but quicker and without breaking. I figured my days were numbered as I was pretty new to the company. Turns out, about 3 times a shift it would blow a fuse and someone needed to be right there to quickly replace the fuze and recalibrate it. The whole process took about 15 seconds. I stayed on another year and half just to spend a total of about 45 seconds per shift actually working. The rest of the time I read gun magazines or slept.

15. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.

JD, i worked the ground many times on a 7 tier barn. lifting every stick. much prefer that to cutting. working the ground put some good shoulders on me. :)