What to do About North Korea?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by ptbrauch, Dec 19, 2014.

1. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    I just saw where the FBI has said that it was definitely North Korea that hacked Sony. So what should be our response?

2. owcobro

owcobro 6 pointer

Dec 6, 2004
    walton, ky
    Not sure about our response but i think it was stupid for sony to make a movie about killing a current sitting head of state, even N. Korea.

Did they not stop and consider for one second that this was going to piss them off?

And the morons in charge at sony have hopefully learned to be careful about what you write in an e mail. My standard responses on controversial subjects is yes, no and see me.

3. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Laughing should be the first thing, pumping the movie should be the next. Who cares what the midget thinks, in a free country, there is not much off limits especially on the political front.......Sony made a bad choice pulling the movie.

4. sacmarata

sacmarata 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2014
    there
    Call me a conspiracist if you want, but I doubt it was North Korea that hacked em. Were supposed to trust the FBI??? Give me a break!

5. HUNTZVT

HUNTZVT 12 pointer

I agree. Sony has set a cowardly precedent here. How many movies and TV shows portray Muslims as evil terrorists? How long will it be before some of the extremist groups pull the same stunt?

6. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    I would only view this as an attack on Sony not the US, they made a stupid movie and didn't have the guts to stand behind it. That said this is a wake up call for Our country I hope, computers are as dangerous as bombs in the wrong hands. Cyberwar is cheap and dangerous and our country better take it very seriously

7. Regulator623

Regulator623 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    Actually, I think it's funny...it has the liberals at each other's throat.

8. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    send them a bunch of copies of the movie and make them watch it. heard it's really bad.

9. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    Well, in Cyber Warfare, the US of A is 0-1. We've laid down quicker than a two dollar prostitute.

I say that we've already lost because the little guy who's the new head liar in chief said that several entities who want attention, considerations and other motives will do things like this periodically to gain a response from America when in fact none is needed or is not the appropriate path to take.

I believe that's how he said it.

Me, I say make sure our butts are covered and shut down his power grid, factories and especially his nuke program and anything associated with it.

For ISIS, hack theirs, send out bogus orders telling who to be where at such and such time, make it look authentic as hell and then meet them and send all of them to meet allah.

10. kymailman98

kymailman98 10 pointer

Dec 20, 2009
    Christian County
    I'm sure that our hackers have screwed with North Korea, Russia, China, and every other country that we don't like. The bottom line is....every country probably does it. The problem is that we should have the technology in place to prevent the little piss ant countries like North Korea from doing this. I'm sure we'll do something to retaliate, and I'm also sure that when we do, it won't be revealed by North Korea that we hit them back. As far as the movie goes, I could care less, as I wouldn't have watched it anyway.

11. ducknbuckhunter

ducknbuckhunter 10 pointer

Aug 3, 2005
    Owensboro/Murray
    I like gee's thinking on this one. Kim whatever his name is looks like that fat chocolate eating kid off wily wonka

12. jayder85

jayder85 10 pointer

Saddam Insane didn't do squat when he was killed in the second Hotshots movie.

13. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Yet he later met his maker in the second hotshot war.

14. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    I for one am laughing at the whole thing!!

This is NOT the United States against North Korea.

This is HOLLYWOOD against North Korea.

Sony is just one company that makes movies. So what is the uproar all about??

Nothing more than leaked PRIVATE emails. There is no National Security here.

So what was in those private emails. It showed that those people who have always been liberals, supporting and pushing liberal ideas and publicly saying that it was the others that didn't agree with them racists when in their personal PRIVATE emails they themselves are the real true racists.

Hollywood can't have that. Think about ALL the movie stars of all the movie companies whose private emails could get posted publicly and just how much it would hurt them. Hollywood would lose BILLIONS.

Think of this. Take all the PM's all members made on Ky Hunting Forums and post them here publicly. we all know that those PM's will show the real people and a lot of them will be much different than what they say on the open forum. Ky Hunting Forum would shut down within an hour of posting the PM's. Same thing happened to Sony.

As for the Cyber War. People forget Iran and how the USA messed up their nuclear plants though a computer virus. That was a National Security matter.

15. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    I don't think you get it. These people threatened terrorist attacks like 9/11 if the movie was released. They didn't just threaten Sony, but Americans who go see the movie. I think the threat is bogus IMO, but it should still be taken seriously and it should be taken as a threat on all Americans, not just Sony.