What the ?

hootowlman

8 pointer
Feb 18, 2007
Hootowl i fear this is only the beginning of tuff times ahead for us

i am pretty sure that some local walmarts carry them (in NKY)

where are you from?

I am from Pike county and thats where I found a few boxes at. All the local gun stores were sold out. Wally world had gotten 6 boxes in I bought 2 and went back the next day to get another and they were gone.......

hootowlman

8 pointer
Feb 18, 2007
One of the local big-box outdoor stores is advertising ammo on sale. With the rebates figured in, you can get them for about $12 a box of Remington, Winchester, and Federal.

As for reloading, the cheapest way to get into it to see if you want to go any further is with a Lee Loader. For about $20 and a hammer you'll get the basics you need to get started (you'll still have to get your powder, bullets, and primers though). If you just want to load a few boxes a year, this will work for you. If you want to load 100's to 1000's of rounds, you'll want more.

Thanks for the advice I am just lookin to load maybe a 100 or less rounds a year I would say. Just enough to keep up with sight ins and hunting.

danf26

8 pointer
Nov 5, 2009
southeastky
buy federal not remington core lock. they are junk. had bad batch in 30-06 blowed up my gun. they put a 270 bullet in 30-06 hull. the guy from remington said it happened a lot.

stalkingbear

6 pointer
Nov 21, 2007
Marion Co
That don't add up-I'm calling BS. Even if they could get a 270 bullet to stick in the 30-06 neck, the 270 bullet rattling down the bore wouldn't have as much energy as a properly loaded round. There's NO WAY a round loaded like that would blow up your rifle!

buy federal not remington core lock. they are junk. had bad batch in 30-06 blowed up my gun. they put a 270 bullet in 30-06 hull. the guy from remington said it happened a lot.

Latest posts