What it’s like to ride a motorcycle

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by carnivore, Mar 27, 2020.

1. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    I worked as a medic for 15+ years. You will never see me on one. There is just 2 questions to ask yourself. When will I wreck and how bad will I be hurt. I understand the thrill from my limited exposure to a mini bike as a kid. And some of my coworkers was in the fire and iron club. Just not for me.

2. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    I am highly selective with who I will ride with and refuse to get on the back of a bike with anyone who has not wrecked at least once. That's my golden rule. I also won't ride in urban areas. My favorite spot is known as The Dragon. That's a blast. An old high school friend is former motocross with tons of metal in him and my most trusted rider with the nicest of all bikes. He collects and keeps around 12-14, some never having been anywhere but inside his condo as decor, lol.

3. BikerTrash22

BikerTrash22 Fawn

Nov 18, 2015
    We all gotta go sometime! I pray it is my way, and not Dementia like my mom or heart disease like my dad! Like I said it is not for everyone! At 47 I feel like Evel Knievil ( broken bones) and still can’t wait to throw my leg over the bike again! Thanks for your service as medic, I sure have needed them!

4. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Say what you want but there is no better way to see our country than by exploring it on a motorcycle. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9B7B0F7F-06ED-48C7-BA79-B9B5DC304217.jpeg

5. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Nice scenery, but not my type of ride, lol.

6. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    The last one was one of the keys. We rode from ft. lauderdale to key west.
    Aslo don’t knock it till you try it, my wife calls it a 700 lb vibrator.

7. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    I really like that 5th photograph. First bike my previously mentioned friend took me for a ride on was his Kawasaki Ninja, and we flew up and down the turns in the Smokies. I like sleek speed, not vibration, lol.

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  8. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Had an elk run out in front of me in utah.

9. Timholt70

Timholt70 6 pointer

Oct 25, 2019
    Christian county
    Wrecked my 02 Harley Davison soft tail in 04 at 65mph.cracked 3 vertabraes and varies other injuries.never rode again.i grew up riding motorcycles too.just never wanted to ride anymore.i don't miss it at all.but I do trail ride alot on my 4 wheeler.

10. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    My belief is, that in the majority of individuals, those having wrecked and continue to ride tend to be more wise, thereby more cautious, even when wide open. That's been my experience, but being highly selective even before that consideration greatly culls the nimrods, anyway.

11. RVtech24

RVtech24 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2007
    The Deep Woods
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2013 Suzuki Hayabusa… Everything else is just a motorbike...:)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  12. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Totaled my Yamaha R1 in 2010, and damn near totaled myself at the same time. 4 days later, I was a walking scab, and went into S&S Motorsports and had me a Busa when I walked out. That salesman had a helluva laugh, my woman, not so much. I lived for it back then.

13. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    The best habit I ever learned on a bike was riding with a finger or two resting on the front brake... Most people are scared to use the front. You need to practice stopping HARD with it in all conditions to build confidence.

And I love a full face helmet! Kept me from braking my jaw in a wreck back before I learned how to use the front aggressively!

carnivore and HuntressOfLight like this.
  14. I grew riding dirt bikes and as an adult I’ve came close to buying an HD street bike a few times over the years but like clockwork I’d lose a friend to a bike wreck and never went through with it. Once again I got the itch and had money in hand in 2017 ready to buy and looking and had a friend with a bike helping me look. About a month after looking at several bikes and preparing to purchase my good friend, BJ, died in a collision in TN. He was hauling pretty good with his gf on back when a car pulled in their path. She lived after months of therapy but BJ died at the scene. Ended my shopping.

15. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    I need a new full face. Mine must have been slightly damp when packed and rusted out, and so I tossed it. It is not required, but stupid to ride surf without one, too dangerous. It's not required on the roads in Florida, either, but I rarely ride there unless on the beach. I become bored rather quickly on flat land... need the mountains and quick turns.

https://tailofthedragon.com/

FOWLER2671 likes this.