What is your criteria for

Discussion in 'Taxidermy' started by Duster, Apr 10, 2019.

1. bonecollector07

bonecollector07 6 pointer

Sep 12, 2011
    Greensburg Ky
    If I shoot a buck I am mounting him regardless the size. Trophy is in the eye of the beholder.

2. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    My best buck grossed 144.... So yeah, I've got room... lol

3. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    I’m building another house now and worried about room for my animals lol. My trophy room is going to be smaller in this one. My wife laughs every time I talk about it.

4. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    My trophy room is pretty good size, but with only 8' ceilings. Three doors, and two windows take up a lot of room. lol. My bull takes up a whole wall. I'll have to get creative, for more mounts.

5. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    Those elk take up wall space for sure. Mine is 10ft ceilings which help on elk, and caribou. It’s a 32x24 room but going smaller in new house. Guess my garage may get a few hung in it.

aaronc likes this.
  6. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Yep...quite a few guys luck into a monster early on....I've even seen some lose interest. Tells me they didnt really love the process.
    Not me. 140 inches still makes my heart pound. May or may not mount whatever...but totally not a decision I make based on "my previous biggest". To each his own.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    rockhousehunter likes this.
  7. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 8 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    My thoughts exactly.

aaronc likes this.
  8. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Wife wants me to mount every buck I shoot on the farm. So far she's got her way!

xbokilla, rockhousehunter and bondhu like this.
  9. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    I love just going downstairs to the mancave...….when work and life have me frazzled to my wits end.....or the family has "give me or do for me" to death and I just want to catch my mind and renew my brain the mancave is as close as I can get to my #1 getaway the woods. I enjoy looking around at my life on those walls. Every deer, turkey, fish, arrowheads , family heirlooms , ect that I have combined with quiet and every now and then a sip of bourbon . The ability to look up at an animal and think about the hunt and were I was in my life at the time...…..or get a old shotgun out of the safe that belonged to my grandfather and fondle it.....those things are priceless to me so to answer your question I mount about everything I can afford......I also used to hold out or hunt the biggest and best animals I could find.....but now at my age and health im just happy to take a decent animal and the hunt or the ability too is more important to me.

Brody likes this.