What is wrong with this deer?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by hardtimes, Nov 16, 2018.

1. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Are you saying there is no "void" high in the ribs below the spine?

2. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    I may have eluded to that but I’ve not talked at great length about it or anything.

3. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I’m just skeptical of how high the lungs come up behind the scapula. Ol buddy throws about 180 psi to a Deers lungs and hell yeah they expand and fill the entire thoracic cavity. But is that the normal pulmonary function within a whitetail? I’m asking because I’d dont know.

4. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Ok the thing is there is no air inside the thorax. The only air is inside the lungs. There isn’t any empty space just floating around. Only when there’s a hole punched in the cavity does the area have space around the lung because they collapse. When you breathe the expansion is in the ribs and diaphragm. If the lungs just got smaller and bigger when you breathe then there wouldn’t need to be any movement of the chest at all.

Everyone just aim lower and we won’t have to go through all this. Lol. Unless.... there’s a void below the lungs and above the sternum....

Ataulbe1 likes this.
  5. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Are you guys about done with the double lung shots an deer not dying, lungs not expanding, no blood, etc etc

6. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
  7. MoMan

MoMan Spike

Oct 4, 2018
    Western KY
    Not well for sure. Any kind of winter this year, and he'll have a big problem surviving.