what is wrong with people?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by KYBH4Life, Nov 20, 2015.

1. KHNC

KHNC 6 pointer

Oct 30, 2015
    NC
    There is a remote boat ramp I have used before at one of the WMAs. Last time I was there, several years ago, I counted 9 carcasses around the parking area. Just randomly dumped. I don't think it was from people hunting the WMA. Takes effort to drive out a long remote rd just to dump a carcass. I don't get it.

2. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Lazy asses that don't know how to hunt.

3. Thwack

Thwack 6 pointer

Sep 14, 2013
    Why would you field dress the doe, and then leave it there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Wondered that myself. Maybe dressed it and then didn't feel like messing with it

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  5. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Might have thought it was gone bad with warm weather. I see like others a lot of dumped deer in the same place year after year. I think it is guys from the city who only want the good parts and dump the rest. Peabody is a bad place to see stuff like that, check around camp sites and I will bet you can find a couple anytime after gun opener.

6. kyboydbowhunter

kyboydbowhunter 8 pointer

Sep 21, 2011
    I personally just like to take the hams, backstraps, and tenderloins but I do dump it where I hunt or at a buddies farm.

7. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    I take the hams, straps, tenders and shoulders and dump the neck head and skeleton where the critters can get at it. Yotes gotta eat too.

8. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    Ive said it for years also , Wanton Waste Law . I have personally seen very few in Ky that utilize the meat on a deer . Its inherited just like throwing trash out the window and dumping tires and couches. I would personally like to see you have to show proof from a processor or pictures of the carcass and harvested meat if you do your own . Something along these lines anyhow. Like they say the work starts after you pull the trigger and we all know theres not alot of hard workers around anymore.

9. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    Nothing wrong with the neck. Makes a good "Crock-pot" roast.:)

10. rcurry

rcurry 6 pointer

Mar 29, 2006
    Adair county, ky
    I agree !!! It's a shame to see a buck head removed and then the huge carcass dumped at an out of the way location to rot. Water access on Green River Lake at the Plum Point Rd. is where I viewed this very problem a few days ago. So wasteful!

11. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    So if I smack both shoulders with a .300 win mag, you expect me to process said shoulders for my consumption? Hell you even wanna make it law?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

12. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    I think a little common sense would have to be used which might possibly be to much to ask. Losing a whole shoulder to a shot in most cases is waste in my book . I just finished a double shoulder shot deer and lost at most 2# of meat total.

13. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Lot of states have wanton waste laws... some pretty specific to what has to be taken , disposed of or record of it if you give the meat to someone. Which what you described or the other poster stated concerning pics is maybe being a little dramatic or taking it to extreme.

Which personally I think their a good thing but as with all laws it's the enforcement aspect . Which what we're dealing with here in Ky is primarily a disposal aspect ... no different than littering. The individuals would have to be caught doing it.

But it would put some teeth in it concerning fines .. ect. ... especially in addition to those caught poaching or trespassing where they just cut the head off or took back straps.

Here's a few wanton waste laws in other states....
    http://blackpowderbill.blogspot.com/2008/12/wanton-waste-laws-in-us.html?m=1

14. whitetail81

whitetail81 6 pointer

Dec 18, 2010
    Scott County
  15. mallardkiller

mallardkiller 8 pointer

Dec 27, 2008
    KY
    Hold on just a minute this sounds like something that (OBAMA) would come up with....Show pictures what the crap....Whats next have EBT for people who dont kill a deer....GOSH.....