what is the best way to get deer to come to corn

toddsfarm

Fawn
Dec 6, 2009
i have put corn and jello out and no deer eat it what will get them to eat my corn yes i see deer tracks. they just want eat the corn i live in georgia

owcobro

6 pointer
Dec 6, 2004
walton, ky
I have a buddy from S.C. that comes up to hunt with me, he has tried dumping corn at his place in S.C., it rotted. The deer would not eat it.

Georgia Transplant

10 pointer
May 22, 2008
Western Kentucky
i have put corn and jello out and no deer eat it what will get them to eat my corn yes i see deer tracks. they just want eat the corn i live in georgia
Scatter it near a trail, but wear your rubber boots. In about 4 or 5 days they will be all over it. I like to take a xacto knife and cut the bag then just sling it every where. I like to make them work for it by not piling it up.

reezenhunter09

6 pointer
Sep 14, 2009
Jamestown
I have noticed that if the deer aren't used to corn being a food source then they take a little longer to come to it! Once they find it they will eat it! If you have lots of coons or turkey around, they maybe getting most of it! Try adding some natural food source that is in your area and keep your scent down as much as possible!

ducknbuckhunter

10 pointer
Aug 3, 2005
Owensboro/Murray
oh give it time...if they dont eat the corn eventually they are filling up on something real sweet...and when you find out what it is you just go ahead and tell all of us over here

useyourbow

12 pointer
Sometimes you just get a bad bag of corn. I had two spots this year that the corn went sour and not even the racoons ate it. Try a new spot. Preferebly one that has some deer sign.

*It is unlaw to use/hunt over corn in Georgia.

Rut36

6 pointer
Nov 3, 2005
Grant County
Dogs!!!

I had deer coming to my corn pile for months until my neighbors' dogs found it and now they wont even touch it. I'm sure they pissed all over it. It really aggravetes me but what do you do? I've got them on camera every morning checking out the corn pile.:mad:

Latest posts