WHAT have YOU been doing Today??

Dark Cloud

12 pointer
Aug 14, 2009
Lawrence Co.
Spent 3/4 of the day at the hospital in the ER. Foot was swollen up like a football this morning. They thought I may have a blood clot or gout. Ran test and did blood work. No clot or No gout.
Soft tissue damage from where I made a wrong step off the walkway while working cattle. Told me to get a compression sock and keep it elevated. Nothing for the swelling or pain.
Hot water with epson salts is good ,to soak your feet in ,for a sprain,might help

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Phase II completed.

It's now being broken in via

Fat Bastard Beef Stew.

20221003_173313.jpg

20221003_173356.jpg

20221003_173251.jpg

No sticking thus far. Keeping a close eye upon the fire and shall continue until around 2AM, when done and ready to eat. Liking it thus far.

20221003_185332.jpg

Last edited:

OLE RASPY

12 pointer
Sep 9, 2018
Barren county
Thanks, it was sketchy with just my big ass in the 2 man stand no way is my step daughter fitting in there too.
Yea that’s all I buy any more is buddy stands. Gives me more room. I don’t hunt with nobody. I put 2 ratchets straps and chain and lock at top and my stabilizer bar halfway up and sink the feet in ground to first rung.
I also built a 28 footer buddy stand last year and added 2 more stabilizers to it. I love it.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
Yea that’s all I buy any more is buddy stands. Gives me more room. I don’t hunt with nobody. I put 2 ratchets straps and chain and lock at top and my stabilizer bar halfway up and sink the feet in ground to first rung.
i just bought a dozen ratchet straps to beef up stability. One ain’t enough lol.
All the hang ons are getting new straps and chains to replace the cables.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
Finally replaced the Rear Window in my McCormick CX-95 tractor from where my disc mower slung a rock through it. $460 Rock

I hope it doesn't happen again but could been worse. My friend in Colorado told me that "Boss Man" got one through his rear window and right on out the Front Windshield.
Id be looking at a steel mesh guard or a clear plastic shield. That was too close of a call.

Tankt

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2019
Kentucky
I retrieved a boxer puppy from death's grasp. Evidently he got crowded out on momma overnight and didn't even have the strength to nurse this morning. Held him to my chest for 6 hrs and fed him goat's milk every 30 mins and he is back with his brothers and sisters now. Other than that I didn't get much done today.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
Shoveled gravel after work, fed the chickens, moved my rest on my bow, it got bumped I reckon. Glad I always mark everything when I set it. Split an arrow and broke a fletching in bullseye at 40… it’s on, I’m going to go cry now.

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
I "Popped Out" one of those big Hickory Nuts. I picked a smaller one that had a bug hole in the hull, thinking it probably made it inside.
Nope. It was fine.
Just Look at how well it came out of the Shell...just used a Hammer on a Rock.

If y'all ever cracked out Hickory nuts, you already know some are difficult. Some trees are consistently easier than others.

Last edited:

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
I "Popped Out" one of those big Hickory Nuts. I picked a smaller one that had a bug hole in the hull, thinking it probably made it inside.
Nope. It was fine.
Just Look at how well it came out of the Shell...just used a Hammer on a Rock.

If y'all ever cracked out Hickory nuts, you already know some are difficult. Some trees are consistently easier than others.
When I was a kid my mother and I would go up to where there was some big hickory nut trees about 800 feet behind our house. She would take a rock and a ball ping hammer and sit and bust the outside hulls off the nuts I gathered up. We put them in walnut sacks and we sold them to a buyer that was a family member. We would have maybe a truck load when she was done. The pay was a lot better then walnuts were.
The guy also bought walnuts and my dad helped at the hullers for $5 a day and hauled off the walnut hulls and scattered them on our tobacco ground. Back then there would be people lined up with truckloads of walnuts to hull.

Latest posts