WHAT have YOU been doing Today??

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
Loading ammo today got my new scope mounted and got it close yesterday, shot 6 new loads that look like they will shoot!
Going to try some different brass and see if I can get alittle more out of them, flat primers in winchester brass and I'm a grain and a half from max.
Probably chasing a unicorn but would like to get 50 fps more and still get the accuracy I'm getting.

Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County
I just put a new carb on my log splitter friday. My FiL used it too start on our wood while I was gone. Split up a big bradford pear. Not the best wood but free and easy to get too. I have a red oak to cut up this week..
My log splitter has been acting up lately (my shoulders.)
I'm pickin up a new fangled splitter like yourn either tomorrow or Tuesday.
I used to really enjoy running my maul, but age and working like a Hebrew my whole life is starting to catch up I reckon. Both my shoulders feel like they have gravels and glass shards in em

Last edited:

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
My log splitter has been acting up lately (my shoulders.)
I'm pickin up a new fangled splitter like yourn either tomorrow or Tuesday.
I used to really enjoy running my maul, but age and working like a Hebrew my whole life is starting to catch up I reckon. Both my shoulders feel like they have gravels and glass shards in em
I hear you! My left shoulder is almost useless dreading surgery but will put it off as long as I can.

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
I'm considering the cortisone shots. Supposed to help for a year at a time, but shuts down your natural cortisone production.
If it was up to me I'd install a couple grease fittins
Had one a month ago, Dr said if it helps for 3-4 months then there's hope for it to get better!
Never got one minutes worth of relief.
Used to get them a few times a yr in my knees and shoulders, had the knees replaced they are great but shoulder surgery is very bad with 6 months of nothing but therapy and 1 yr to recover.

OLE RASPY

12 pointer
Sep 9, 2018
Barren county
Shoulders don’t bother me yet much. It’s my elbows that friggin scream. I prolly don’t cut much wood like some y’all do but I’ve split my share with a maul.
I can do anything and my elbows hurt like hell. I’m 41. Don’t think I should have that problem yet but tobacco fields, hay fields, farm work for everybody around since I was 12 and welding shop lifting heavy metal when tow motor is available but easier to do it myself , all may have contributed. But I’m feeling it now.

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
Had one a month ago, Dr said if it helps for 3-4 months then there's hope for it to get better!
Used to get them a few times a yr in my knees and shoulders, had the knees replaced they are great but shoulder surgery is very bad with 6 months of nothing but therapy and 1 yr to recover.
My Army son who was a Paratrooper for about 10 years agrees with you about the shoulder surgery. He has had 2 Knee surgeries and 1 shoulder operation...which was by FAR the slowest to heal. Also broken finger w surgery, broken nose surgery, something else I can't recall and numerous concussions. He is in the 101st AB now in Eastern Europe and at Least they don't throw you out of an Airplane.
Shoulder problems are just about the worst

baknblack

12 pointer
Jan 30, 2014
Henry County
Three months of therapy for my shoulder. Doctor was pretty sure it would hold the rest of my life if I took it easy on it for a year. Now I got a knee going bad.

baknblack

12 pointer
Jan 30, 2014
Henry County
A year after buying them my solar panels are finally up. 15 panels 6.5kw.

Attachments

• 20221002_175626.jpg
    20221002_175626.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 24