WHAT have YOU been doing Today??

OLE RASPY

12 pointer
Sep 9, 2018
Barren county
Not today but 2 year ago I my FIL dug me a 360’ long trench on my farm with his back hoe from meter.
I Went out there next day and ran 3/4” pex and installed my own valve 2’ past meter and set a hydrant at end and installed another valve for it and notched out 4” pvc pipe for both and capped on top. Used shark bite fittings at valves and hydrant.
Set my hydrant in 5 gallon bucket. Put 2 bricks in 5 gallon bucket that held hydrant up off bottom of bucket. Notched bucket out at bottom for water line. State Inspector came and put his approval sticker on it and I went back out and filled bucket with gravel and put lid back on bucket, drove t- post along beside it and used worm gear clamps around it. Back filled the hole hydrant is in with rock and then FIL came back out next day and back filled the rest and I let it sit for a year and took my tractor and box blade and leveled it off. I leave the meter on all time but leave my valve shut. I made a 5’ long T-handle to turn it on when I need it. I just hope it’s gonna be fine. I read little later after it was done that I should have wrapped the shark bite fittings and brass valves in silicone wrap. Idk. Been good so far but only been 2 years. Like anything else, anything can happen I guess. What y’all real plumbers say @ribsplitter
@Little FR or anybody else.

ribsplitter

Cyber-Hunter
Jan 19, 2004
Greenup, ky, USA.
Not today but 2 year ago I my FIL dug me a 360’ long trench on my farm with his back hoe from meter.
I Went out there next day and ran 3/4” pex and installed my own valve 2’ past meter and set a hydrant at end and installed another valve for it and notched out 4” pvc pipe for both and capped on top. Used shark bite fittings at valves and hydrant.
Set my hydrant in 5 gallon bucket. Put 2 bricks in 5 gallon bucket that held hydrant up off bottom of bucket. Notched bucket out at bottom for water line. State Inspector came and put his approval sticker on it and I went back out and filled bucket with gravel and put lid back on bucket, drove t- post along beside it and used worm gear clamps around it. Back filled the hole hydrant is in with rock and then FIL came back out next day and back filled the rest and I let it sit for a year and took my tractor and box blade and leveled it off. I leave the meter on all time but leave my valve shut. I made a 5’ long T-handle to turn it on when I need it. I just hope it’s gonna be fine. I read little later after it was done that I should have wrapped the shark bite fittings and brass valves in silicone wrap. Idk. Been good so far but only been 2 years. Like anything else, anything can happen I guess. What y’all real plumbers say @ribsplitter
Shark bite fittings are rated for underground use. The fittings and the ball valve are both brass and stainless material, IMO they will be fine. We use brass Ford fittings on underground plastic water lines or braze type k copper with silver brazing rod. We don't use shark bites for much of anything except testing, but they seem to hold very well and we have no problems with them.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
I wouldn’t put a shark bite on anything I took the time to put in the ground. That said, nearest I can tell if they don’t leak when you pressure them up then they will be fine.

Ive had a brass ball valve freeze solid and never leak. 5 foot deep you’ll not have any trouble, I wouldn’t have a second thought on not wrapping the fittings, I’ve never wrapped one or heard that. I think your good.

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
Well so fat I’ve got cussed out by some other duck hunters for hunting a blind that I built Friday and they horned in on yesterday. Guess they should’ve gotten here earlier
Yea we used to hit the river at 2am and be set up and eating breakfast by 4, 10 minutes before shooting light everyone would roll in spot lights going everywhere hitting the bank trying to get the spot pissed alot of people off!

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Made my decaf, drank half a cup, fed the cat then dogs and brushed-out Brewster. I don't know why dogs shed so very much, directly before producing their winter coats.
Lead dog has been MIA for 30 minutes nonresponsive to call and beginning to concern me... he just complied...stinker... No idea why they continue to scratch, as if covered in chiggers; they are current with flea baths and Advantage II medication...

AND just discovered that my car is refusing to crank... electrical gremlin it seems...

Last edited:

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
And preventing Brewster from running off four deer...

20220925_063633.jpg

Drinking from the pond

20220925_063858.jpg

He barked upon their arrival.

20220925_064336.jpg

20220925_064635.jpg

Last edited:

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Made my decaf, drank half a cup, fed the cat then dogs and brushed-out Brewster. I don't know why dogs shed so very much, directly before producing their winter coats.
Lead dog has been MIA for 30 minutes nonresponsive to call and beginning to concern me... he just complied...stinker... No idea why they continue to scratch, as if covered in chiggers; they are current with flea baths and Advantage II medication...

AND just discovered that my car is refusing to crank... electrical gremlin it seems...
The fleas have probably gotten immune to your flea stuff. I will not ever put another flea collar on my dogs.
I had a lab and he had seizure's and died from that. I have my grandson's beagle and he started having seizures and I took the collar off and the seizures went away.
Now I mix a little Admire in a spray bottle and spray them when they need it. I have sprayed twice this year and we have had no fleas for years now. I spray their bedding to.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
The fleas have probably gotten immune to your flea stuff. I will not ever put another flea collar on my dogs.
I had a lab and he had seizure's and died from that. I have my grandson's beagle and he started having seizures and I took the collar off and the seizures went away.
Now I mix a little Admire in a spray bottle and spray them when they need it. I have sprayed twice this year and we have had no fleas for years now. I spray their bedding to.

I have yet to find the first flea with my flea comb, but something is bothering them.

20220925_070739.jpg

New products. Used the Skouts yesterday upon my girl (she has skin allergies). Trying the Top Paw after it warms up a bit more.

Latest posts