WHAT have YOU been doing Today??

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
Retrieved a ground blind and camera for a friend. He had a medical issue and couldn’t get to it after turkey season.
3A0AAD79-BC1E-47CB-953E-1AC6FE227B1C.jpeg
B9FD57C5-D0FD-4BDF-ACB7-77DDFFA782B1.jpeg
95062477-CF6D-4E1A-974F-CAACA1EF3D06.jpeg

Next time I’m taking my truck or a flamethrower. Felt like I had camel spiders crawling on me from the hatchback.

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
Sitting in a recliner with an ice pack wrapped around my knee. Woke up to it hurting like heck one day last week. (Week before was my right tricep....) Thought it was getting better until we took the dogs in to get weighed on Monday. Coming out, hubby had our smaller dog & took off jogging towards the car. The 91# monster I had hold of tried to go fast with them, yanking me off balance & forcing me to try to stay upright going down the steps in front of the vet clinic. Took at least two HARD twisted steps on that knee.... Hurts bad enough NOW to raise a sweat if I try to go up or down steps - or even walk more than 20-30 feet. And it sounds like a bowl of rice crispies when I bend it. Taking my usual Tylenol for arthritis (8 hour time release), icing, elevating, and rubbing down good with Voltaren a couple of times a day.

I don't have time for this crap!!!! Early pear tree will need to be picked in the next few days & it's loaded... I'm guessing we'll end up with over 100 pints of pears off of it. I gotta be on my feet for that!!!!

KYote-Krusher

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2006
South Central Kentucky
Sitting in a recliner with an ice pack wrapped around my knee. Woke up to it hurting like heck one day last week. (Week before was my right tricep....) Thought it was getting better until we took the dogs in to get weighed on Monday. Coming out, hubby had our smaller dog & took off jogging towards the car. The 91# monster I had hold of tried to go fast with them, yanking me off balance & forcing me to try to stay upright going down the steps in front of the vet clinic. Took at least two HARD twisted steps on that knee.... Hurts bad enough NOW to raise a sweat if I try to go up or down steps - or even walk more than 20-30 feet. And it sounds like a bowl of rice crispies when I bend it. Taking my usual Tylenol for arthritis (8 hour time release), icing, elevating, and rubbing down good with Voltaren a couple of times a day.

I don't have time for this crap!!!! Early pear tree will need to be picked in the next few days & it's loaded... I'm guessing we'll end up with over 100 pints of pears off of it. I gotta be on my feet for that!!!!

Back before I had my first shoulder replacement a friend who had recently had knee surgery suggested that I try Diclofenac, an anti-inflammatory. I asked my doctor if he would prescribe it and he said sure. If I remember right, the only concern was if you have kidney problems it might aggravate them but for me it was a wonder drug. I didn't take it except when I was really hurting and it always gave me relief.

You might ask your doctor for some and see if it helps. Sure hope you find something that does.

Last edited:

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
Back before I had my first shoulder replacement a friend who had recently had knee surgery suggested that I try Diclofenac, an anti-inflammatory. I asked my doctor if he would prescribe it and he said sure. If I remember right, the only concern was if you have kidney problems it might aggravate them but for me it was a wonder drug. I didn't take it except when I was really hurting and it always gave me relief.

You might ask your doctor for some and see if it helps. Sure hope you find something that does.
Voltaren is the brand name of diclofenac. I can use the topical gel but can't take the pills. It's good stuff for sure! Taking it easy yesterday seems to have helped. Gonna do the same today....

Tankt

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2019
Kentucky
I have been on Diclofenac for over a year now. I started taking it for my elbow. I stopped taking it about 3 months ago and my knees started hurting a lot. Went back on it 2 weeks ago and my pain went away. I am scheduled for blood work for rheumatoid arthritis since my mom has it.

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
I have been on Diclofenac for over a year now. I started taking it for my elbow. I stopped taking it about 3 months ago and my knees started hurting a lot. Went back on it 2 weeks ago and my pain went away. I am scheduled for blood work for rheumatoid arthritis since my mom has it.
Yeah, I wish I could take the pill form for my elbow (totally eaten up with osteoarthritis but I'm too darned stubborn - which is an alternate way of saying scared - to go for the elbow replacement the docs say I need) but it gave me awful headaches. Same as Meloxicam. Arthritis strength time release tylenol keeps the worst of the pain down but when it flares up (or I bust up a knee), I'll use topical Diclofenac (Voltaren) for a few days to settle it down. And the topical Diclofenac is available over the counter now - and you can get 3 huge tubes of it for like $25 at Costco.....

FF/EMT516

8 pointer
Nov 22, 2020
Caneyville, Ky
Let’s see, yesterday I went and bought some feed. Went and took down a ladder stand I bought off one of my nephews. Took it to the farm I hunt to hang, got stuck in a rut about waist deep I tried to go around. Had to wait on brother in law and brother to come to the rescue. While waiting i put out a pop up blind and brushed it in. Drug the stand the rest of the way up the hill and got it up against a tree but not strapped yet. Got the truck pulled out, came home and my son had probably over 100 seed ticks on his body alone plus some in his hair. I’ve never seen so many ticks on someone. Got all of those off finally. Threw together some food for us really quick and then went to bed. What a day.

Attachments

• 54972F6F-86D1-4D83-8C03-85440AA48387.jpeg
    54972F6F-86D1-4D83-8C03-85440AA48387.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 16921F48-9EC9-4786-B39F-3C96C27AA79C.jpeg
    16921F48-9EC9-4786-B39F-3C96C27AA79C.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 43

Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County
Piddlin in the basement after cutting grass, I spotted my old fly rod hanging in the joists. Haven't even tried to use the poor thing in 15 years. I packed it down to the holler, and was getting acceptable "casts" after a few minutes. Musta caught 50 green sunnies before it got darkish on me.
Felt good to break the fly rod out
PXL_20220819_000406570.PORTRAIT_copy_907x1612.jpg