WHAT have YOU been doing Today??

Tankt

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2019
Kentucky
On a beer break while troubleshooting an electric fence. Box is good, ground is good. Just weed eated the whole thing to the ground. Still not working. Gonna grab my tester and walk it again
Walked it and never could get the tester to light up. I tried to add another insulator in one spot and felt a tingle. Light enough to make me drop it lol. Went back to barn and light it barely visible now where it wasn't earlier. The light flashes bright on my test loop so unit and ground are fine.
It's very close to both the ground and the woven wire fence...maybe half inch..but not touching. Mole traveled directly underneath it and cows have pushed the fence outwards and bit.. Could this be close enough to cause an issue?

Any ideas?

FF/EMT516

10 pointer
Nov 22, 2020
Caneyville, Ky
Walked it and never could get the tester to light up. I tried to add another insulator in one spot and felt a tingle. Light enough to make me drop it lol. Went back to barn and light it barely visible now where it wasn't earlier. The light flashes bright on my test loop so unit and ground are fine.
It's very close to both the ground and the woven wire fence...maybe half inch..but not touching. Mole traveled directly underneath it and cows have pushed the fence outwards and bit.. Could this be close enough to cause an issue?

Any ideas?
It could be but chances are you’d hear it jumping

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
Actually it was last night just after dark. I sucked the Yeller Jackets out of their Den with a shop vac and got about 75. Worked well and no stings. Kinda of a small den thank goodness.

You could hear them popping as they went up the intake hose. I waited till this morning to peek in there, and a burst of bug spray settled them down really good.

Last edited:

Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County
Actually it was last night just after dark. I sucked the Yeller Jackets out of their Den with a shop vac and got about 75. Worked well and no stings. Kinda of a small den thank goodness.

You could hear them popping as they went up the intake hose. I waited till this morning to peek in there, and a burst of bug spray settled them down really good.
I used to pad myself up real good like that after I pissed momma off, before Dad got home from work.
Preventative maintenance, I'm for it. Same predicament you're in

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
Put up a bedroom door, with a lock. Then a 9 year old crawled through the closet so I dug around till I found a door latch for the closet. Weddings in 10 days…

On the way home from hardware store I checked cold bore on new Model 70. If I throw out the fouling shot it grouped 1” at 100 yards. With it 2”. The cross is 2” high so that confirmed my 200yd zero.
2620196D-9852-4DEF-B944-C77AB354D68E.jpeg

My old man would have been happy hitting the plate but I’ll agree with him, it’ll hunt.

KY_Fried

12 pointer
Nov 13, 2003
Foster, KY, USA.

If you put a couple of moth balls in your vac it'll kill them quick. I always keep some in the vac in my shop after I sucked up a big paper wasp nest one time, forgot about doing it and a few days later when I emptied it those things were still very much alive and stung the crap out of me.

Drahts

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2015
KY
Made the first honey pull off my hives. Didn't take much. Looks like tween 30 and 40 pounds today. I have a full medium super they are busy capping currently that is mostly sourwood. I'll pull that the end of July and probably get 30ish# off it too. Dang it tastes good!