WHAT have YOU been doing Today??

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
Sweated to death at work, hauled two loads of furniture to the dump. Tried for the first time in my life to make rice crispy treats for church… did you know marshmallows burn just as hot in a pan as they do over a campfire?
I was a teen and me and some buddies were roasting marshmallows over a fire. Once it was hot, melted, and golden brown I started to wave the stick around to cool it off. As luck would have it, the boy about 10 feet away had his arm up. Just as he’s bringing his arm down, the molten marshmallow flew off and landed right in the armpit and closed down on it. Needless to say we laughed until we cried at seeing him squeal out and dance around.

hunt

8 pointer
Sep 29, 2015
The Berg
I'm watching it storm like crazy, another gully-washer in Muhlenberg, probably won't last a long time but it's doing it right now, the radar is all red! Hope you guys that need some h2o get some! Helluva shower here!

hunt

8 pointer
Sep 29, 2015
The Berg
Nothing in Murray, it stopped at the Illinois/Kentucky border in the Purchase Area, continued on east of the lakes.
Looking at the radar, this band seemed to come through just west of Henderson around the Morganfield area racing SE through Muhlenberg and on to the Warren county area, still raining here but it's about gone. Was definitely North and east of Murray and moving away.

Looking at the radar, this band seemed to come through just west of Henderson around the Morganfield area racing SE through Muhlenberg and on to the Warren county area, still raining here but it's about gone. Was definitely North and east of Murray and moving away.
The weather here is crazy hard to predict at times, I guess surrounded on 3 sides by the lakes and Ohio/Miss rivers has something to do with it. Many times I’ve seen heavy rain coming out of Missouri completely break up at the rivers/state line then reform again east of Barkley. Hurts your feelings when your begging for rain.

hunt

8 pointer
Sep 29, 2015
The Berg
My garden is all standing and wet. Praise the Lord!!!

Got new exhaust tips welded on my truck. I lost one somewhere on 41. Bought some .38 SPCL for $24 a box at RK in Henderson, grabbed some hog food, grease and continued my “day off work adventure” picked up a gently used model 70 .270 Win.
I thought this may have come through your neck of the woods and I remember you saying that you needed rain, good deal!

hunt

8 pointer
Sep 29, 2015
The Berg
A little maintenance today. Noticed a grinding noise out of my 03 Suburban recently, so after a quick check of everything that rotates on the serpentine and beyond, the culprit ended up being the a/c compressor belt tensioner pulley, bearing was shot. So, after a quick trip to the auto parts store and a new assembly and a belt that probably needed to be changed anyway, all is well again for about $60, well worth it! I just replaced the serpentine not long ago, so it was time for the a/c belt also. I'm definitely not a mechanic, but on things like this that I can get to and don't require special tools and such I try and do them myself to save a little coin. Ol girl is purring again 👍

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
I was a teen and me and some buddies were roasting marshmallows over a fire. Once it was hot, melted, and golden brown I started to wave the stick around to cool it off. As luck would have it, the boy about 10 feet away had his arm up. Just as he’s bringing his arm down, the molten marshmallow flew off and landed right in the armpit and closed down on it. Needless to say we laughed until we cried at seeing him squeal out and dance around.
I believe if push came to shove a flaming marshmallow may be one of the more effective unconventional self defense weapons.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
The weather here is crazy hard to predict at times, I guess surrounded on 3 sides by the lakes and Ohio/Miss rivers has something to do with it. Many times I’ve seen heavy rain coming out of Missouri completely break up at the rivers/state line then reform again east of Barkley. Hurts your feelings when your begging for rain.
I gave up even looking at the weather while on motorcycle trip around the great lakes. Them lakes can whip up a storm out of nowhere in a half hours time.

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
Separated Large calves out to send to stockyards. Everything went smoothly until the 2nd Load. One Bowed up and refused to load. Finally got cut gate shut. After 20 minutes we got it loaded with a Pitchfork.
At the ER now with my Wife who was trying to shut a gate...Damcow kicked the gate, and it hit her wrist Hard. . I'm sure her little skinny wrist is Broken.
Gonna be a long pull at the ER.

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
Separated Large calves out to send to stockyards. Everything went smoothly until the 2nd Load. One Bowed up and refused to load. Finally got cut gate shut. After 20 minutes we got it loaded with a Pitchfork.
At the ER now with my Wife who was trying to shut a gate...Damcow kicked the gate, and it hit her wrist Hard. . I'm sure her little skinny wrist is Broken.
Sorry to hear that Jr maybe she will get lucky!

Feedman

Cyber-Hunter
May 28, 2003
In the basement
Keep us informed @JR in KY

Latest posts