What companies support virtues and values?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by timer, Aug 1, 2020.

1. timer

timer 10 pointer

Feb 20, 2013
    La Grange
    I just saw the post about Mountain Dew supporting folks by providing $20 toward a hunting/fishing license. Makes me want to go buy some Dew....

I've seen posts from the guy who owns Home Depot and Chick-Fil-A that also support causes that I value. I go out of my way to support these businesses.

Kimber makes unique pistols commemorating the units of soldiers who have done a tour in the Middle East. They offer the pistols to the soldiers at a discount. Kimber's aren't cheap, but I bought one based on their support of our troops.

What other businesses do y'all support due to their position on causes that you believe in? I'll spend extra for products from businesses that support my causes and I'll go out of my way to shop there.

2. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    I’m assuming you are leaning conservative when you say companies that support causes that you value. If that’s the case there are tons of local companies that probably share your values. Like Mission Bar B Q. I know they are huge supporters of military and first responders. You mentioned Chick-Fil-A. I’m pretty sure they had a shake up and they have bent a little left.
    You might look at this link and you may find some companies that line up with your ideals. https://www.conservapedia.com/Conservative_companies

might be a place to start.

timer, Winchester94 and Ataulbe1 like this.
  3. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    I was always told Home Depot support the lgbtq and gives to numerous other liberal agendas. I have not researched it cause there are numerous Lowes closer then Home Depot.

4. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

Never know what’s true and what isn’t anymore. Even the real estate companies on line have a little LGBTQ safe neighborhood statement on line when you start looking for it. I live close to several Lowe’s and HDs, I shop at both, but lately we’ve been doing some remodeling in our home and HD has been light years easier to work with than Lowe’s. Not sure why? Maybe just the area and maybe just for bigger projects. IDK.

timer likes this.
  5. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Carl, hunt, reivertom and 1 other person like this.
  6. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Idiots. Just a lawsuit waiting to be filed the moment someone beats the living sh*t out of one of them. "You told me in your advertisement this was a safe neighborhood..."

It won't matter why they got their azz kicked, but that will be the reason filed (I got my azz kicked because I'm gay--sniff, sniff) and the real estate company will have to eat it. Chumps.

Winchester94 likes this.
  7. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Good post Timer.

timer likes this.
  8. Brody

Brody 8 pointer

Apr 7, 2019
    No place like home
    I visit sloews and HD several times a week, around central KY for supply's.HD is way better to work with. Slowes is terrible in all locations, everybody trying to dodge helping you, none of them seem to work just walk around act like they are working . And all have 90 yr old blue hair women working the register,that don't know a 2x4 from a riding mower SLOWES SUCKS PERIOD, The Danville store is the worst of all, very poor management there

xbokilla and RLWEBB like this.
  9. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    I just can't go there now. He went too far at the very worst time he could, and this was after the caved to the militant homos over his charities.

KYote-Krusher and Winchester94 like this.