What Changes Would You Like?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by ptbrauch, Nov 30, 2015.

1. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    Now with deer season over, what changes would you like to see to the regs?

Me, I'd like to keep the bag limits the same, but would like to see the modern gun season extended until the end of the year. I'm just not ready for it to be over with. And yes, I know I could head back out with a bow and have ML coming up. But they're not the same.

2. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Wow. This should be good.[emoji897][emoji897]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Mob169"

Mob169" 6 pointer

Aug 14, 2010
    Deer season is over?

4. plowboy

plowboy 10 pointer

Nobody else gets to hunt till those of us who are over 70 have tagged out.:devilish:

5. flattop35

flattop35 6 pointer

Nov 12, 2015
    Caldwell County
    There is a lot of deer season left in Kentucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ancienthunter

ancienthunter 6 pointer

Dec 25, 2011
    Over the Hill
    I would agree with this one but drop the age to 62! :)

7. Redlined

Redlined 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2005
    In The Tree Next To Ya
    Well since this is a powder keg thread here's what I'd like to see: nonresident draw system with a cap, NR tags raised to $750 each and made weapon specific, also outfitters regulated by number statewide and how close they can operate to each other. Yep, think that's about got me covered......

8. A-COMBS

A-COMBS Spike

Oct 10, 2006
    knott co. ky
    all zones open the same amount of time,

9. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    I could support that.

10. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    Great Thread, ptbrauch.:) I would welcome the following changes in our Deer Hunting Regulations:

1. Make the rifle season the same length regardless of Zones (16 Days) or have a "split" Season with 12 days in November & 10 Days in December, Statewide.

2. Do away with Bonus Antlerless Harvests, and in Counties that really have an over population; Hunters there can enter a lottery for a draw for TWO Antlerless Deer permit only, for $20.

3. Make it unlawful to "bait" Deer in all seasons.

4. Have Archery season start the first Saturday in October instead of September which is too early.

11. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I don't like the hunter education certificate requirement. I recieved mine in 1991. I'm 36 now. By law my best friend has to go sign up and complete the course. I vaguely remember taking the class. Is there anything that the 1 class provides me currently that hunting with his dad and uncles for years has not provided him?

12. monsterquest

monsterquest 6 pointer

Oct 7, 2010
    If also like to see the over the counter day's end for non residents and I do believe it will happen one day. I would also like to see gun season either moved back or shortened. Or a split season like Illinois. Maybe a four day season in the rut and a week at the end of November first of December.

13. monsterquest

monsterquest 6 pointer

Oct 7, 2010
    Guess it depends on who the dad and uncles are. Lol. I met many that I wouldn't want giving kids safety advice.

14. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    I think the Hunter Education Certificate requirement is a very good concept. Gives young Hunters some insight on sport hunting and safety. I believe this was started by the NRA, Colorado was the first State to adopt it back in 1949. I had to take it in order to buy a Deer License when I hunted in Colorado. Took mine in 1983, even had the flu during the classes, got a 100% on the written test.:)

15. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    I would like to see more CO's hired to help combat rampant poaching/theft/trespassing during the KY deer seasons.

I would also like to see a strict wanton waste law put into effect.