What are the pro's and con's of 2 inch veins?

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by DeerSkinner3742, Oct 1, 2013.

1. DeerSkinner3742

DeerSkinner3742 Spike

Dec 28, 2009
    burlington ky
    Are the pro's of 2 inch veins worth the price difference between the 4 inch? Thank you.

2. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

I would opt for accuracy over price. Shoot whichever vane shoot the best with your rig. I haven't noticed a big difference in accuracy between the 2 inch or 4 inch. I shoot Blazers, and seem to do just fine with them. I shot the 4" AAE vanes in the past, and didn't have any issues with them other than durability.

3. DeerSkinner3742

DeerSkinner3742 Spike

Dec 28, 2009
    burlington ky
  4. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    i shoot blazer viens because of there durability as well not because they shoot any better because i dont see a difference i just seem to mess up a four in vien quicker then a 2inch jmo

5. Elmotatum

Elmotatum 6 pointer

Sep 23, 2013
    Western Ky
    I could be off base here but I thought they have a taller profile. Made to stabilize the arrow faster after release. It's really supposed to help fixed blades. I've shot them for years. Have a clearance problem with some drop aways. The little bar over the top of QAD's an drop zones can rub. I take that bar off, not gonna hold my bow upside down so I think there not needed.

6. Blevins Gap Outdoors

Blevins Gap Outdoors 12 pointer

Nov 9, 2002
    Louisville, KY
    I shoot 2" vanes after shooting 4" for years. I could tell no difference when I switched. I started with Blazer and last year switched to VaneTec. Both Blazer and VaneTec are taller than standard 4" vanes. So far the VaneTec seem to be holding up better that Blazers.

7. Xcal1ber

Xcal1ber 12 pointer

Jul 16, 2011
    Couple ridges over