What’s your best late season cold weather gear?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Tiger10, Dec 28, 2017.

1. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I'm looking at the whitetail extreme in XLT right now. Parka. 164.88 reg 334. Unfortunately I need bigger:(

2. BuckReaper

BuckReaper Spike

Jul 31, 2016
    Central KY
    The parka was half off yesterday. I just assumed it still was. My bad.

3. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Dang. Must have missed it. I've been checking every day too.

4. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 8 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    I'm sure someone wants to wear deer fur on their body to stay warm in deer season. lol The guy wants to stay warm, he's not suicidal. There's also nothing like getting hit between the should blades with a large lead projectile from some inexperienced hunter in the woods.

cedar ridge and BNewNKY46 like this.
  5. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    Wear hunter orange with it.

6. TCam

TCam 6 pointer

Feb 3, 2013
    For bow hunting, a battery powered jacket is a must!! Allows you to not get to bulky and still be able to shoot. Bought my wife one first then I had to get one!!

7. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 8 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    Uh no, I would NEVER under any circumstance wear, let my kids wear, or suggest others to wear any kind of animal fur on your head, shoulders, arms or anywhere else even with hunter orange on. That's just something you don't do. Now, if you want to wear anywhere else then I would think thats fine but not during any type of gun season.

8. Bladefoot

Bladefoot 6 pointer

Dec 6, 2010
    Goodlow Slough
    I have some wool pants and a jacket from Columbia that work well. They are too warm for anything warmer than the low 20s. As said by others layering is the key. Bladefoot

9. kit caye

kit caye Fawn

Nov 23, 2004
    SEVERAL MANUFACTURES OF BATTERY HEATED JACKETS, GLOVES AND BOOT LINERS. MILWAUKEE MAKES A GOOD HEATED JACKET THAT I HAVE USED AND IT WORKS GOOD. WARM WITHOUT BULK. REMEMBER TO TAKE A SPARE BATTERY. BATTERYS ARE RECHARGABLE

10. preachnhunt

preachnhunt 6 pointer

Jan 8, 2009
    Garrard
    Just tried to order the too good to be true deal on Cabela’s MTO5O parka from their website. Even though the site lists it as in stock, turns out they were sold out. Buyer beware.

11. BuckReaper

BuckReaper Spike

Jul 31, 2016
    Central KY
    I ordered the Cabela's 10 point parka and bibs a few days ago. Everything showed as in stock, but the parka sold out and I only received the bibs. Now I have bibs and can't find a parka in the same camo pattern to go with them. Sucks.

12. preachnhunt

preachnhunt 6 pointer

Jan 8, 2009
    Garrard
    We went to the store in Lexington today and the girl at the return counter ordered the parka for me and I got an email just now saying it’s on the way. Maybe they have more pull that way. She was a manager.

13. flyingnectar

flyingnectar Spike

Oct 30, 2014
    Metcalfe County
    Cabela’s makes some good stand sitting outer wear suits, but yes they are bulky. Bulk is no issue in the stand for me. Extreme Berber fleece bibs and parka is what used last few years. I layer under with merino or UA. Use a good hat or balaclava. Liner wicking two layers of socks in Woody max muck boots and I’m happy in late season.

Key for me is full fleece suit, I demand zero noise in late season bow hunting.