What’s everyone doing to get ready ?

bigpuddin43

12 pointer
Feb 21, 2007
bucktown
couple weeks ago put some boards in one hole and mowed out some landing spots. another hole dropped boards this week and weedeated the barnyard grass out of the landing hole in the flooded corn. was hoping for enough rain to get some woodies in but not looking good. the last hole will get shut off after I harvest beans in the field that it will flood out into. got a few geese around need to get with the landowner and confirm permission and we should be set to try to hide in a cut silage field.

HeadedWest

10 pointer
Nov 22, 2016
Oh and since Im in eastern,Ky(floyd co) Im gonna kick myself in the testicles so Ill get an early start to the season😅

I’ve heard y’alls family trees didn’t branch much but just how close your kin gotta be for you to be able to kick your own sack?

KYBOY

12 pointer
Apr 21, 2005
Floyd,co..Kentucky
probably gonna load some bismuth, most of my shotguns have fixed chokes and are older. I really want to hunt with my 311A 12ga and my 870 16ga..
Im really hoping to get a new 28ga for christmas...

bondhu

12 pointer
Jul 3, 2015
Battle Run
Setting here in the deer blind. Watching ducks from Ohio river try to land on a frozen cattle pond. Mud in that pond has to be deep.
Any tricks to bust ice in an old farm pond?

Capttrae

12 pointer
Apr 2, 2012
I’m just checking Snapchat because all my buddies in Arky are buttholes that like to rub it in that they are killin birds and I’m at work

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Setting here in the deer blind. Watching ducks from Ohio river try to land on a frozen cattle pond. Mud in that pond has to be deep.
Any tricks to bust ice in an old farm pond?

It is to warm-up quite a bit over the next few days. Still at the cabin and the little pond out front has been frozen for a few days now, with kildeer skating across it while crows hunt the banks. A decent sized great blue heron visited yesterday. Seem to all be hunting the huge crayfish. Huge buck ran into the woods just 45 minutes ago (heard me whistle for Brewster). Always heard/saw more ducks/geese back at the house, compared to the lake.

Latest posts