We've had great shot thread,easy miss thread how bout stupidest thread

Farrier85

10 pointer
Oct 29, 2015
Buddy and I was turkey hunting... college days, I thought safety was on my shotgun. Just knew it was. We was sneaking thru a briar patch to sneak up on some turkeys.... briar grabbed my trigger gun went off. Luckily I was in front and gun was pointed forward. If my buddy would have been in front of me I'd killed him. Now I check safety every couple minutes. Scared the cap outta me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

flattop35

6 pointer
Nov 12, 2015
Caldwell County
Someone from Florida posting a new thread asking what is the best Wildlife Management Area/Public land to hunt and where is the best spot to hunt within that WMA.. That is the stupidest thread!

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
Are we gonna mention the outcome of muzzleloaders left loaded from last year???

reivertom

12 pointer
Dec 17, 2007
Greenup Co.
Many years ago during a ML season, I spent nearly an hour sneaking in the dark up a enormous steep hill to a perfect flat where there had been bucks fighting and prancing around for weeks. I just got my tree seat silently set up and had everything positioned where I could reach it without making noise. All I had to do is put a cap on the nipple of my muzzleloader. I pushed it on and went to ease the hammer down to half cock and it slipped and KA-WHOOOOM!!!...... about 1/2 hour before daylight. I sat there like a dummy for a few hours, but it was all over from the KA-WHOOOM. My buddies were talking about "wonder who the idiot was who shot when it was still dark?".....I just kept my mouth shut.

KYBH4Life

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Buddy and I was turkey hunting... college days, I thought safety was on my shotgun. Just knew it was. We was sneaking thru a briar patch to sneak up on some turkeys.... briar grabbed my trigger gun went off. Luckily I was in front and gun was pointed forward. If my buddy would have been in front of me I'd killed him. Now I check safety every couple minutes. Scared the cap outta me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I worry about briars and limbs on my trigger all the time while rabbit hunting

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
Honest to goodness, saw a guy sitting against a deer crossing sign near Mammoth Cave in the early 80's. He was literally sitting on the ground, leaned up against the sign on the side of the road....

keith meador

Got the Spotted Fever
Sep 18, 2003
Grindstone Branch, KY, USA.
Gun season, early 90's. I had just climbed up for an afternoon sit. I carry binoculars any time I'm deer hunting. I try not to "scope" deer with my rifle. The knot-head on the next property over was perched on the property line. I gave him a quick look with my binoculars...and that idiot is looking at me, using his rifle scope. I climbed down, stomped across the field, and had a brief come to Jesus meeting with him. He explained that his gun was on safe, and he didn't have his finger on the trigger. I spoke my mind, and started back across the field. When I got to the base of my tree, I stood their for a couple of minutes, thinking. I began to wonder how many times someone had done that exact same thing to me, or another hunter, during gun season. I walked on to the truck. There isn't a deer on the planet worth getting shot over. I didn't gun hunt for several years after that.

KYBH4Life

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
When I was 17 yrs old and gunning for my first wall hanger, a nice 8 pt ran out while I was taking a leak. Before I could get my scope on it, it ran back into the corn field. I thought "Well, if he's still running, he should be about THERE! BOOM!" Shot through over 20 rows of corn and got him right behind the shoulder. I still feel bad about it but it happened.

HuntsItAll

8 pointer
Jan 23, 2009
A hunters paradise
[ I began to wonder how many times someone had done that exact same thing to me, or another hunter, during gun season. [/QUOTE]

I have had this happen to me before. Two years ago. Me, my nephew, and 2 of my kids were in a blind on the edge of an alfalfa field. The back of the blind was in a fence row with the windows closed up. The front opened and watching the field. I heard something walking behind us and peeked through a back window. I saw a hunter on the other property walking up the fence row about 60yrds away. No big deal. My nephew looked through the window and said he must see a deer. I said why is that? he said he has his gun up looking through his scope. I looked out, and the guy had his gun pointed right at our blind. After making everyone get on the ground, I hollered at him to quit pointing the gun at us. He lowered the gun and said he wasnt sure what the blind was. He saw the 2 orange vest we had on top of the blind, but didnt see anyone and was getting a better look. It was a good thing he was on the other side of the fence, and kids were present.

Cornpile

12 pointer
Dec 1, 2006
Kornfield County,KY
One of the guys bought a new deer rifle for season and wanted to try it out.. We all decided to check our own
rifles for zero and headin down to the range.He set up his gun, while we put up targets.
He got his rifle lined up and we started putting our boxes of bullets on the table and getting our
rifles ready.My BIL was next to shoot.He has a 270 BAR. He placed his rifle on the same bench
and sand bags as the first shooter.He loaded his gun but somehow got a 308 live round left on the
bench by the first shooter. Well he lines up his rifle and fires the first round and as the rifle
pulled the 308 round up into the chamber it made a hell of a sound. As the rifle jammed it somehow yanked the 308 bullet
out of the brass and threw powder all over the place.We were all lucky that day including my BIL.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Are we gonna mention the outcome of muzzleloaders left loaded from last year???

I've seen my old man do it many years. Not saying it's a good thing but sure it's pretty common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

samjoe

6 pointer
Oct 26, 2004
fisherville ky
When I was 17 yrs old and gunning for my first wall hanger, a nice 8 pt ran out while I was taking a leak. Before I could get my scope on it, it ran back into the corn field. I thought "Well, if he's still running, he should be about THERE! BOOM!" Shot through over 20 rows of corn and got him right behind the shoulder. I still feel bad about it but it happened.

When your good your good!

Latest posts