Western Rivers Calls

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by BigPete, Nov 26, 2009.

1. BigPete

BigPete 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2007
    Whitesburg, KY
    Has anyone used the Western Rivers Line of calls?

I am looking at buying one and the Apache version at around $300 is in the price range I want to spend.

Any other suggestions?

2. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    I would go with the Foxpro Spitfire for $199 over the Western Rivers. They look to be better built and hold 24 sounds that you can change.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2009
  3. Isoreoli

Isoreoli Fawn

Nov 17, 2009
    Finland
    is there any other options?? thanks for the replies.

4. O'l Joe

O'l Joe 6 pointer

Feb 2, 2009
    stay out
    i don't know much about the spit fire but if fox pro makes it. it has my vote!!

5. kyfuzzyface

kyfuzzyface 8 pointer

Nov 2, 2007
    Central Ky
    Never used the Western Rivers , Started out with a Jonny stewart PM 3 and then to a FoxPro. I have started using some mouth calls latley you can put more of the sounds you want but, Ol'joe is right about the Foxpro

6. BigPete

BigPete 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2007
    Whitesburg, KY
    I Went ahead and purchased a Western Rivers Apache, I received it yesterday.

Tried it out this morning, I think it did just fine!!!!:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. kyfuzzyface

kyfuzzyface 8 pointer

Nov 2, 2007
    Central Ky
    Looks GOOD to me!!!

8. Rkinnis

Rkinnis Fawn

Mar 2, 2009
    Graves Co
    Looks like there are no complaints there. Love to hear the story and by the way, keep that white stuff on your end of the state..

9. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    Congrats on the cat and coyote. WTG. Now lets hear the story.
    And how bout a review on the caller. How'd it do? What distance did the remote work? Battery life?

10. O'l Joe

O'l Joe 6 pointer

Feb 2, 2009
    stay out
    what he said!:)

11. wked

wked 6 pointer

Nov 26, 2008
    West KY
    Congrats! Now we want details man! Along with the call info, what about gun, ammo, scope, distance!:)

12. basshunter9239

basshunter9239 6 pointer

Dec 3, 2009
    i was going to buy a western river call, until i checked the reviews on basspro, and cabeles website. check them out, you might change you mind.

13. Cantmisum

Cantmisum 8 pointer

I have had a W R Nite Staker Since Last Feb,
    It Seems to well built I have dropped it a few times on hard ground and no damage was done

It has good range anywhere from 0-200yrds in heavy cover up to400yrd in line of sight. battery life with good rechargeables is all day with both speakers and a decoy running.

The only problems I have .Is some times the pause button which seems to also serve as a stop button does not work on certain sounds and this is only on one or two of them. go figure.
    If the remote had back lite keys it would be better.

My biggest concern is , I think a lot the sounds that it comes It Seems to well built I have dropped it a few times on hard ground and no damage was done
    It has good range anywhere from 0-200yrds in heavy cover up to400yrd in line of sight. battery life with good rechargeables is all day with both speakers and a decoy running.

The only problems I have .Is some times the pause button which seems to also serve as a stop button does not work on certain sounds and this is only on one or two of them. go figure.
    If the remote had back lite keys it would be better.

My biggest concern is , I think a lot the sounds that it comes with as far as predator calling goes are repeats of the same sound and some of the sound quality could be better.
    but what do I know I am still in the learning curve when it comes to predator hunting.

14. Cantmisum

Cantmisum 8 pointer

Sorry about the last post copyed and pasted it buy accident but Im some of you will figur out what I was trying to say

15. Jimmie in Ky

Jimmie in Ky 12 pointer

The repeat of the same sound is hte biggest hang up I have with e-callers. But , how else are they going to set one up for maybe 30 minutes or more of continuos calling. But if you stick with it you will learn how to set up to your advantge. Jimmie