Well my wingman missed

usmcvet06

6 pointer
Sep 20, 2006
Central KY
We went out last night at 9 and called in two yotes at the 28 minute mark. We were setting up against a large oak in the middle of the field. We seen eyes at 250 yard and within 30 seconds they were within 40yrds. I was the light man and the way I was sitting they ran directly behind me and to the right of my buddy. I struggled to get the light on them before he shot. Two shots rang and two dogs RAN! I hate missing but it happens... to some of us. LOL It was very exciting and happened quick. After the shot we walked off about 60yrds to where we thought they were standing. He said man I thought they were closer. Lesson learned depth perception sucks at night! Stay safe guys! Semper FI!

usmcvet06

6 pointer
Sep 20, 2006
Central KY
We take turns shooting. If I shot last time then our next outing he gets the first shot. I've been giving him a hard time about missing. He's actually a really good shot. LOL but you have to rub it in when it happens. I said man next time we go out I'll have to show you how its suppose to be done.... After he shot they ran away quicker than they ran in so we had no chance to sling more lead.

Do you all know if you can take the plug out of your shotgun for coyote hunting?