Well, I finally had my first run-in with coon hunters

Discussion in 'Coon Hunting' started by KYBH4Life, Oct 22, 2014.

1. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Here i am sitting in the recliner about 9:00 and I see lights coming down my road. I hollered to my wife if she was expecting anyone. She said no. I put my beer down and grabbed my pistol. Watched the truck pull all the way around to my driveway and stopped. I opened up the garage to meet him and he identified himself and told me he was looking for his dogs, that they a coon treed on my property. I told him who I was and turns out he knew all of my family. So I walked him down to the creek and showed him the best place to cross. The coon went about 20 yards over the fence into another tree. After 10 minutes of 3 guys spotlighting the tree, they never could find it. Brought all 4 Walkers back and of course my dogs were going nuts.

Thought I'd share my 1st experience with you guys. He was a real nice guy and so were his 2 sons. Told him to come back whenever he had to but to make sure he stopped at the house first.

And I always thought coon hunting was a midnight or later sport.

2. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    That's a far better picture than I've had painted......

3. Jhartley91

Jhartley91 6 pointer

Jan 20, 2014
    Nice to know your one of the descent people in the world. Glad they asked to go get their dogs too.

4. labwild

labwild 6 pointer

Jan 29, 2006
    Mercer Co., Ky.
    Glad they asked. I have had too many that did not.

5. carter county cuckler

carter county cuckler 10 pointer

Nov 25, 2009
    Hitchins,Ky
    I'm glad you had a good experience with coon hunters. They are just like Deer hunters, good and bad in all. I always make an attempt to contact landowners if my dogs happen to stray off on posted land but if I can't get ahold of you I will get my dogs but that usually don't happen because I huntil big country.

6. GrouseAssasin

GrouseAssasin 12 pointer

Aug 1, 2009
    Jackson, ky
    Beer, pistol, coonhunters, your well known short fuse.....gotta say I was worried about this one.

7. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Give me some credit though.....as long as everyone is respectful, it's all good.