Well done Louisville!

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Tufrthnails, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Tim T

Tim T 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2007
    Shepherdsville
    Uhm, that's not what I quoted and responded to. The comment was an answer to the statement I quoted and was directly reflected by that. Try and follow along!

2. Tim T

Tim T 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2007
    Shepherdsville
    Then you should state that, instead false statements about Petrino and his first stint in Louisville were your response. It kinda makes you look foolish!

3. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    That wasn't my response. Try to follow along.

4. cfd266

cfd266 8 pointer

Nov 29, 2003
    Evans Family Farm
    Unfortunately it happens too often in my opinion, but as they say, "opinions are like arse holes, everybody has one and they all stink"

5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I don't mind it. I read another forum pertaining to sports and those people are nazis about staying on topic. It's SUPER annoying. It really detracts from the flow and natural progression of a conversation.

6. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    Anyone else see the irony in taking a thread off topic with the topic of being off topic?

7. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    Reputation with whom?

To be honest, I figured UofL had about the same number (or slightly higher) "problem" players as any other major college, so I took Recurve's advice and googled "college football player arrest stats". According to this website, UofL athletes have only been arrested 10 times, while UK athletes have been arrested 24.

Just out of curiosity, I also looked up a couple of other schools, and the results were a little surprising. The widely discredited University of Miami only had 16, Florida State had 25, Notre Dame had 12, and Duke had 4.

Except for Vandy (3) and USC (15), every single SEC school recorded 20+ arrests with Georgia (44) and Florida (42) leading the way.

I figured FSU would have a much longer rap sheet than Florida, but the exact opposite is true.

http://arrestnation.com/teamsschools/

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  8. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

They are going to arrest all of the Louisville team after they play Kentucky. The charge will be manslaughter.

drakeshooter and Feedman like this.
  9. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Absolutely. It will be worse that the Sioux did to Custer

10. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    Have you looked into the questionable recruits and JUCO transfers? I believe more than one of them was accused of rape and other offenses during their recruitment. And I believe that several made it to the team even after that was known.

11. Recurve77

Recurve77 10 pointer

Aug 7, 2012
    You believe more than one of them was "accused of rape and other offenses"? I know of one player who was accused of domestic violence and those charges were dismissed in 2015. The vast of majority of the "questionable recruits and JUCO transfers" to which you are referring have evidently taken full advantage of the 2nd chance afforded them by Petrino because we are not hearing of any problems with them. I thank God that we do have a legal system in this country in which an individual is innocent until proven guilty. I am also very appreciative of individuals in our society that have the forethought and desire to provide young men and women the opportunity to right their wrongs with a 2nd chance offer.

12. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    The only point I was trying to make is the whole glass houses and stone throwing thing.

13. Tim T

Tim T 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2007
    Shepherdsville
    What you are really saying is "I was wrong with my very first post on this thread, and this is my roundabout way of admitting it!"

14. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    criminals or choir boys, don't matter, they're still going to kill Ky. whats the record for the most points a D1 football team has scored?

15. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    This is very astute analysis. They might be Isis trainees (and likely are because they play for UL)...but they still play football 1million times better than UK.