Well Bullit County residents...

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by mudhole crossing, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Insert it using the picture linking it not uploading it. Use the picture icon. The giphy app is great.

6B559152-F1E9-4C45-A395-0EF0EE08C4E2.png

2. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Jealousy will get you nowhere. Those checks just keep hitting the bank on time every month.

3. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    After this fiasco? maybe? Hopefully??

dirtstalker and Meatstick like this.
  4. Carpdaddy

Carpdaddy 10 pointer

May 12, 2016
    Corbin, Ky
    This is a tough subject that certainly brings out some strong opinions on both sides. I have been a Pastor most of my adult life so I had to make a decision on this issue myself. Not only am I a Pastor but was actively going not only to my Church three times a week but also visiting and helping in other Churches almost every day. I average 6-7 days a week in service for months at a time, so this thing has brought about a major change in my life. So what was my decision? I looked at my congregation and thought sincerely about how many members I have that are in their 80’s or very close. Then I ask myself was it worth risking so many or any of their lives by asking them to continue coming which most would undoubtedly do. I refused to have that on my conscience should something happen to any of them. Some would suggest that this is a lack of faith on my part and we are all free to form our own opinion, I will respect the opinion of those who disagree with me without criticism. I am 60 years old myself, had a kidney transplant in 2001, had cancer surgery in 2016, another last year, and am diagnosed with fourth stage kidney cancer now. Through all this I have continued to preach almost every week other than those times in the hospital and a few times when too weak. Those who know me personally have seen the miracles I have received and keep going on. I will leave here when God says. I trust him fully, believe him with everything in me, and do my best to live for him. So why have I recently stopped going to or having Church? For the same reason I don’t handle snakes! For those who choose to continue having services I support their decision and don’t fight them. But I am currently preaching in an almost empty Church building, I have a camera person recording, and a couple singers. While doing this we stay distanced from one another. We put videos online so our members can watch. Opps; just noticed I was getting long winded again; it’s a preacher thing, sorry about that.

5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Wanna......nevermind. Enjoy your little pension buddy. Glad it makes you happy.

Meatstick likes this.
  6. He’s too stupid to realize how stupid that retort was. My mama would beat my azz if she knew I was being mean to a special kind of person so I’m finished with that. Sorry Duster, bless your heart.

EdLongshanks, Meatstick and barney like this.
  7. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

So just who is the special kind of person ?

8. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nov 14, 2005
    VP OF ADMIN Development
    They remind me of union followers.

9. EastKy0076

EastKy0076 Fawn

Feb 13, 2020
    East ky
    Page 6 . But God bless him . The virus doesn't discriminate, even against a pastor. Wake up people ... Hopefully, we figure it out soon and get back to being productive

rlb165 likes this.
  10. rlb165

rlb165 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    My bad. I just saw it on Facebook. I deleted my post.

11. EastKy0076

EastKy0076 Fawn

Feb 13, 2020
    East ky
    I will quit. But some of us have to care for the sick, maybe it's you, maybe it's a family member that's a nurse, doctor... Truck driver.. cashier... Etc . So quit gathering= how to spread a virus . Not funny when it is killing people that have to care for the ones that are preventable.

12. rlb165

rlb165 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Carpdaddy, thank you for your perspective. I will be praying for you and your cancer situation, partly because I really enjoy your trad bow pics.;)

13. rlb165

rlb165 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Well, I guess we’re gonna find out.
    https://www.wave3.com/2020/04/13/church-plans-file-lawsuit-against-state-constitutional-showdown/

14. rlb165

rlb165 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    The church has the video up on their Facebook page. I watched some of it.
    At about 8 minutes the preacher talks about the different places people have come from. A few different places in KY, one from Ohio. Then he recognizes the 2 ladies from New Jersey. He says they’re from South Brunswick, New Jersey. I looked it up, South Brunswick, New Jersey is in Middlesex County.
    72FBA5D4-5738-42A7-A46A-EE05EE51B9F4.png

250D5647-1D20-4258-A97E-2BB4E324F70E.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020