Weather

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by 4UK, Oct 21, 2016.

1. 4UK

4UK 6 pointer

Oct 14, 2009
    Johnson co Ky
    Hey , Just wandering, if you could hunt in any weather conditions what would your perfect scenario be ?

2. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    Guess you're referring to Deer Hunting? My ideal weather conditions would be:
    1. Windless days or very light wind from the right direction.
    2. Adequate moisture to cut down on noise of moving through the woods toward your stand.
    3. Temps. in the low 40's for high and around 28* for low temp.
    4. Partly sunny to where the sun isn't too much in your eyes.

timbuck likes this.
  3. Rat

Rat 8 pointer

Oct 9, 2006
    USA
    cloudy, no wind, light snow falling.

4. Cullen bohannon

Cullen bohannon 6 pointer

Dec 4, 2015
    prestons-ville
    The smallest buck I've ever taken was also my favorite hunt. It was a cold, snowy, and somewhat windy morning. Perfect stalking conditions. Love weather that I can stalk in

5. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    I don't like hot weather. I like around 35-40 degrees at daylight and a good wind. Cloudy days over sunny days but have done good with both. So as long as it's not a hurricane or a monsoon, I'm good.

6. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    An ol rainy dreary wet day. If i got that then lifes good.

7. sixxfan26

sixxfan26 10 pointer

Oct 4, 2004
    Butler, Kentucky, USA.
    I like very overcast days, lower than 50 degrees, hardly any wind, when weather fronts are changing and rain or snow or coming in. But then again, I have killed bucks mostly during bright, sunny mornings and even a couple on warm November afternoons around 1 or 2pm. I never expect to see anything on days like that though. Always surprises me.

8. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Bowhunting:
    1. Cloudy or sunny ...no preference.
    2. No rain... I don't like to risk loosing a blood trail.
    3. Wind ... don't like gusty high winds. But do favor a light wind as I beleve you can get away with a little more drawing back or generally bringing the bow into position.
    4. Temps........ mid-40's -to mid-50's are my favorite. Which cool enough to get deer moving but yet not cold enough that I have to wear heavier clothing that makes it hard to draw a bow.

Modern gun or muzzle loader:
    1. No preference at all... wind, rain, snow, warm, cold... I'm going to be out. As usually the window to use those weapons is small and any day of those methods is a good day to be out.