weather updates-check in

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by bgkyarcher, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    He's gonna be fine after some healing. Broke both arms and nose. No internal bleeding.
    Tough ol bird.

Nock, bigbonner, drakeshooter and 6 others like this.
  2. Southpaw

Southpaw 10 pointer

Oct 2, 2005
    Northern Ky
    Prayers for a speedy recovery

Munson likes this.
  3. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Prayers for him and a fast recovery! I'm sure that was a scary time as he went down with the pole!

Munson likes this.
  4. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    No doubt! Lucky it didn't land on him too. What a time to be strapped to a tree! Geez

Just got word their operating on his shoulder now they said the rest could wait. We both got bad shoulder injuries but he really 1upped me with this one:confused:

5. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Lucky bird for sure

Munson likes this.
  6. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Damn. That’s gonna be rough.

Munson likes this.
  7. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Sounds pretty lucky it didn’t kill him ,will pray for him to heal soon

bigbonner, barney and Munson like this.
  8. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Update on cuz; shoulder socket is destroyed, last night's surgery didn't pan out like they thought. Waiting for him to come back from his post op to discuss his options for reconstruction... both suck:(.

Appreciate prayers and any kind words...

Nock, Carl, Trapper Delk and 9 others like this.
  9. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Oh man. Prayers for good outcome..... Can they do a shoulder replacement?

Munson likes this.
  10. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Man that sucks, I hope that it all works out well for him

Munson likes this.
  11. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds

Thank you for the update. I know of others within the tree service/logging industry having suffered far worse fates, including death, via not much higher falls than that of your cousin, hence my previous reply of concern that the team might very well discover more damage than you originally surmised. Although bad, I am glad that your cousin did not suffer some of those injuries, and you should be as well.

He has remained within my thoughts since yesterday, due to all. I even made inquiry, for it all, with an individual somewhat high up the ladder in risk assessment of a utility company servicing Kentucky. You had originally stated that your cousin was strapped to the pole, but now you say a tree. I am a bit confused, for it all, but your original statement caused my inquiry of said individual.

As you and other family members continue to learn details regarding the actual incident, it might be wise to refrain from discussing such upon the net, at this point in time, permitting your cousin's legal counsel to handle the matter. I do not know whether Kentucky happens to be a no fault state, but I'm tossing that suggestion out there anyway.

It sounds like he should be fine, thank God above, but will continue to deal with much pain for a while and potentially have a long haul toward recovery. Hopefully he can get through all quickly, with only one additional surgery and as limited down time in rehabilitation as possible. You said he is a tough ole bird, and so I believe that he has a good chance at that, due to all.

I shall keep him and the family within my prayers. Offer him much support and keep him positive through all; it should go a long way. It's quite easy for someone to become depressed during all, negatively impacting recovery.

12. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Shoulder surgery is about the worst joint to fix. My youngest son had a bad landing jumping out of C 130s (Airborne); had shoulder surgery last year and he is still having problems. If your cousin gets back to 75% he will be extremely fortunate. It could have been worse; pole could have landed on his head.

Southpaw, Feedman, Munson and 4 others like this.
  13. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I really hate it when a person is out doing a honest days work and gets hurt.
    Hope he has a great recovery and makes it back to normal.

14. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Munson likes this.
  15. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    FYI... it was a pole that at one time was a tree... :cool:
    I haven't posted anything that hasn't already been blasted all over fb even by the Co-OP themselves.
    Shit happens in that line of work all the time no matter how careful the person is, usually the outcome is much worse tho.

Hes got plenty immediate family that will be around him to the point of aggravating leave me the heck alone. :D

I guess his options are plates&screws with the obvious bad arthritis down the road but close to all range of motion. If they rebuild the socket with plastic the mobility goes way down the way I understood it.
    Either way I'd say his pole climbing days are over and most likely have to join the xgun club.:eek: