weather updates-check in

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by bgkyarcher, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 10 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    IMG_20210222_213203.jpg this evening at 6pm inch of slush and solid ice under it 3 miles from me looks all together different they had very little and bout all melted off

2. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Gonna have to do some driveway repair. got to the top today with the slush and the pavement has cracked like cold glass in hot water.

3. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    Thought my work car was going to bottom out coming down my driveway yesterday afternoon. Gravel was soft.

4. Tankt

Tankt 10 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    I busted my ass Sunday 2 steps off my driveway onto my gravel. The packed snow became ice. Banged my knee pretty good

Feedman likes this.
  5. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Good to hear your back on Dirtstalker!

dirtstalker likes this.
  6. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Thanks. Hope yours gets back on soon as well. I can deal with it fairly well..the woman and youngans are a different story.

Drahts, Feedman and barney like this.
  7. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    My cuz had a pole break with him this morning taking a 40ft drop in the creek. Said his shoulder is messed up and bleeding out the nose but he's gonna be ok. Ambulance got stuck going to him so they airlifted him to UK.

8. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I pray for a fast recovery.

Brody, bigbonner, Bee and 2 others like this.
  9. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Wow.

10. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    Glad he’s ok. Bet that was a ride.

11. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Yeah no doubt. The one time he wished he wasn't strapped to the pole I'd imagine.
    I've heard em talk about big chunks coming out when that kick the gaffes in but this one broke off at the ground as they was stretching new line.

12. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Hopefully his shoulder is not too badly damaged, and they find nothing more. Can imagine what he was thinking during the fall. What do you believe may have caused it to break off at the ground like that, while stretching the line? I know nothing about that, but it seems like there could have been multiple potential reasons for such.

Lol, I imagine that you do right about now. I still had around a 6x10' area of ice on a small portion of the deck this morning. Just peeked after typing that to notice the thickness of it has decreased and size of all is only slightly smaller. Still had one 4x6' patch of snow within the front yard early morning, as well. Of course, the snow wall remains within most of the ROW,. Highest are only 1' or so, while some of my neighbors have over 3' within there ROWs.

Lady next door still has a small pond within her front yard near mine. She needs to do only a small grade job around her street lamp post down to the runoff ditch, in order alleviate her problem, while the neighbor upon her other side has a bit more extensive work, in order to resolve his runoff problem. I don't care about his bigger problem, being that he is anti-freedom regarding dogs. He ventured over once long ago about all and has wisely never returned, lol.

Sun has been out all day here, and the temperature was not too bad after noontime, causing me to have opened one door to the deck. That was a nice change for maybe an hour, before it became a bit chilly, but I'm ready for more snow. Bring it on, the more the merrier! :)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  13. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I hope everything checks out ok

14. Cornpile

Cornpile 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Kornfield County,KY
    Back years ago I worked for big electrical company. We were at
    Wild Turkey distillery in Lawerencburg. Our job was to replace poles
    and wiring between the barrel warehouses. I was in a bucket truck up about
    35 feet and cutting the wires off the poles. There was 6 more poles
    on ahead of me. I cut the bottom two and then as I cut the top one all
    hell broke loose. The moment I cut it,it sounded like a 22 rifle going crack
    and took off like a bullet. Those remaining six poles fell one after the other
    like dominoes. They were all rotted at ground level. The only thing holding them
    was the wiring... no one got hurt.
    Hope he is OK,dam that had to be a ride.....

Dark Cloud, Munson and barney like this.
  15. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 10 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    Dang that's one of them oh shit moments,. Hope he recovers quickly anyone doing that needs a big thanks Everytime we see them.
    My uncle worked power lines for years every once in awhile he'd tell stories that was really bad, then ask me if I wanted a job :D

drakeshooter and barney like this.