weather updates-check in

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by bgkyarcher, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    He flew back in yesterday.

2. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
  3. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    It's not up to Ted to fix it, it's up to the Government who created this mess to fix it , and that runs right up to China Joe and Camel Toe........Texas be a lesson for us all , on this Green energy shit, it may help in certain areas, but it damn sure ain't no cure, we are no even close to that point.

4. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

:eek:

00noturkey and barney like this.
  5. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    C389D9D2-52ED-47AC-9697-FD6B0D00C0F1.jpeg I made a new post about this but thought I’d add it here. Getting pretty hot here in the east. Check out the “feels like” temp.

Drahts, Dark Cloud, Nock and 2 others like this.
  6. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Spent the night at the hospital with Colonel Daddy and have been waiting for my taxi for an hour and one-half now, so that I can go tend to the pets and then hopefully drive myself in again, now that the roads should be more clear. Currently standing outside beside a plowed snowpile of around 15' tall. There are quite a few that size just off the parking lot.

Some patches of snow along with thick sheets of ice remain within the parking lot, but it's finally beginning to melt. Sun is out and it's probably around 25°F. Those snowpiles will remain for awhile, is my guess. The various artists within the art district should come over and make cheerful ice sculptures of them, like we frequently do with sand back home.

Taxi driver is from Atlanta and provided my ride last night with no issues at all, just updating me that he is 15 minutes out now. Found this decent storm summary of the region moments ago while waiting.

https://www.weather.gov/pah/Feb17_2021Snow

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  7. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    IMG_0811.jpg IMG_0810.jpg Day 10 of no power. They told us could be another week. Been a fight to keep things unfrozen but so far so good. Got my first shower yesterday at a friends place. Been baby wipe baths til then. If we get the temps called for we'll have a mud hole in a couple days. I hope the heck they get this power back soon so we can get to some normalcy here. Fighting with everything but the wife! Pumphouse frozen, chicken water frozen, dog water frozen, pigeon water frozen, my ass frozen! :) But God shined the sun thru this morning. I walked a small part of the farm to the box blind to get my lil buddy heater to put in the dog kennel. That was a fun walk! :) Lots of work once this crap clears out.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  8. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 8 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    Ice should be coming down today. Good luck.

DSC05705 (1000 x 750).jpg

G

Carl, Nock, Dark Cloud and 2 others like this.
  9. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky
    Went from 9* at 7:15 this morning to 23* at 8:15.

I like it!! :)

10. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    No power for us yet either. We really haven't heard anything about an ETA on power restore. I'll just keep feeding the generator and the wood dragon until something changes. We had a pretty good plan in place for a disaster situation and all in all it has worked out pretty well. I have definitely learned some areas that need improvement in my plan for the next go around.

11. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    Our power was just turned back on after 8 days. Hopefully it stays on throughout the thaw that's coming. It has been tough, trying to take care of my and my mother's home at the same time cutting trees daily trying to keep a path to get to her home. We got her out and brought her here but kept gas logs at 50 there and drained her water system . I'm glad it's over for now and will change the way I do a few things to prevent issues next time. To anyone around who is still out if you need some help shoot me a message and we will help any way we can.

12. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Good to hear!

Carl, Dark Cloud and jblack1 like this.
  13. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
  14. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    We got ours back after 9 days. Been a costly one this round, but next time it just should be mostly gas. I will be buying a bigger ginny after this is over, the 7500 did well, but next round I will have a cut-off straight in the box to get rid of all these cords. A buddy called me today and was telling me a feller he knows had a whole house Generac, and when his power came back on, it blew out the whole side of his house where his box was, apparently the cut off to the ginny malfunctioned and his box and whole house got a double dose, not going to be an easy fix.

15. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Electric still off here. Went out at 8:15 pm monday. Generator still going strong, but it does like the gas cans lol. I will have a natural gas / propane kit on it by next year, if not before then. Word in the holler is 7-10 more days..is what they've been told by the electric company. Were still warm, still cooking, and taking hot showers, so its not horrible.