weather updates-check in

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by bgkyarcher, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Cool weather update^^ :confused:o_O:eek:

2. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Translation: more snow fell overnight than I had originally surmised, preventing my ability to chase away Lord and Lady Evil from my favored feathered friends, even if I had felt up to it this morning. Snow got into my boots, because the amount now upon the ground is higher than the ones in which I chose to wear. I do not know what one of the red feathered evils managed, being that its rapid descent traversed into the blackberry jungle, poking out bare canes from behind the east side of the second garage, but plenty were there for the choosing, being favored perches causing me to have dumped feed there, as well as beneath an evergreen suggested by yet another (it's snow covered branches dumped cold snow atop the feed and my feathered friends feasting upon it, due to more of my feathered friends landing upon the branches as perches). Capisci?

"Today
    27°F | 9°F
    A chance of snow before 11am, then a slight chance of snow and a slight chance of freezing rain between 11am and noon. Cloudy, with a high near 26. North wind around 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than half an inch possible. Then tonight, Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as 0. North northwest wind 6 to 12 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph."

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  3. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky
    We got about 3 more inches of wet snow on top of the packed stuff that was already here south of BG. It's warm enough right now that it's slightly melting ... which should put a nice glaze on top of the ice when it refreezes tonight. :(

On the other hand ... we here in Kentucky aren't the only ones having weather problems ...I've got a buddy who has been "Wintering" with his wife down on the Gulf Coast of Texas. He's been getting his kicks by sending me pictures of them sunbathing on the beach, knowing how much I HATE cold weather! Welllll ... Karma kicked in last Monday when Texas shut down the power to 30% of the State and he was in that 30% ... they've been without power since then! LOL!!

He had the NERVE to text me and bitch about it and wanted me to bring him a truck load of wood to burn ... I told him to rent a boat and row out to one of those rigs sitting in the Gulf and see if they wouldn't sell him some oil! He also said that another reason for the power shortage was that all those beautiful "Green Energy" windmills had frozen up and were just sitting there with 20 foot icicles hanging off of them. :D:D

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    dirtstalker, jblack1, Feedman and 3 others like this.
  4. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Henry County
    About 15 years ago the last time I was on a plane we took off from Houston and turned NW towards Colorado. I could not believe the sheer number of windmills we flew over.

barney, jblack1 and KYote-Krusher like this.
  5. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    But, but, but... AOC said the GREEN NEW DEAL would have prevented the power outages in Texas.....

barney, Feedman and KYote-Krusher like this.
  6. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky

The ONLY thing AOC knows ANYTHING about is: "Crack Pipes". ;)

Trapper Delk, Drahts, barney and 3 others like this.
  7. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    I bet that bitch has a Fuzzy Navel, and Hairy Nipplet's.

8. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    As of this Friday morning 2/19/2021 we have 4" of snow over 1/2" of ice. I am ready for Spring!!

Gforcetrivers likes this.
  9. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    We still have no power, we have been cutting and clearing trees during the day. The line crews are overwhelmed with downed trees and poles. As of this morning they have 105 broken poles to repair in Grayson RECC.

10. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 8 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    It's true, frozen wind fans caused the power outage.

ice_1200_twt.jpg

G

KYote-Krusher, barney and Tankt like this.
  11. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    How about the 14 inches in December 2004?

12. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    I am a sore old turd. I feel like I went 10 rounds with Conor McGregor. o_O

13. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    You guys should see the Electric bill these folks in Texas are getting............6k,8k For one month, it's insanity.

14. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    No problem.....Ted will fix it, when he gets back from Cancun :eek::eek::eek:

15. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    Asphalt.jpg