Weather sucks

DH13

12 pointer
Jan 13, 2012
Shelby county
This weather sucks for sure. That's why I haven't been out yet. I used to hunt from October 1st 30 days or more. But know I like it cooler.
It will cool down.Might not be when we want it to. BUT THE RUT WILL STILL GO ON whether it is 20 degrees or 90.MOTHER NATURE will make it happen.Not weather BUT DOES coming in heat. That way Fawns are born in the spring. So give it about a week and it will GET RIGHT. RAIN SNOW SLEET OR HOT HEAT. RUT WILL GO ON!!!!!!!

HUNTINGMAN

12 pointer
Nov 7, 2008
Harrodsburg KY
I started vacation today and am off till the 7th, work 7th and 8th and then i am off till the 21st. I am getting nothing but buck pics on cam and seeing nothing but ucks when in the stand. Im just now starting to see rubs and scrapes where im at, passed on a nice 9pt this morning. It was 36 this morning in the stand with a cool breeze, im heading back out in the morning trying for a big boy i have on cam.

TCam

6 pointer
Feb 3, 2013
This weather is a carbon copy of last yrs rut/prerut. Very hot and dry. I don't like it but I did kill my biggest bow kill last yr across the creek in Illinois on November 14. It was close to 70 degrees that afternoon. Like everyone has said the rut will go on no matter what.

hollandhunter

12 pointer
Feb 11, 2008
Holland Kentucky
I was planning on hunting alot this weekend and this coming week ever chance i got. But with it being mid 80s next week i may just stay home. Unless i see a change on my cams im not missing anything anyway. Sucks.

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
I was planning on hunting alot this weekend and this coming week ever chance i got. But with it being mid 80s next week i may just stay home. Unless i see a change on my cams im not missing anything anyway. Sucks.

I agree, it does suck! I am now starting to wonder if Modern Rifle season will also be too warm for any good Deer Hunting. Might be that our late December M/L season will be the best time if this weather pattern holds.

ddwhitetails

10 pointer
Jul 6, 2014
The girls will come in heat and the bucks will lose their minds just like they do every year!! Cooler weather is coming! Deep breath everyone the sky is not falling yet!!

invasion36

10 pointer
Aug 29, 2013
Kenton Co
Latest cam check shows that the bucks in my area have somehow went and found their velvet and put it back on. It's a heatwave fellas.

hollandhunter

12 pointer
Feb 11, 2008
Holland Kentucky
Im gonna try ti go this afternoon soon as my youngest girls bday party is over. Its a lil windy and hot. But heck i gotta work most of this coming week. Maybe i will get lucky and a swarm of bees will sting the shit out of the 9 pointer im hunting in his bedding area and force him to come by my stand broadside and slow. Ha. High hopes...