We are the enemy!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wildcat, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    The Virginia Governor declared a state of emergency because of ARMED militia threats over HIS gun control measures.

That's total BS, No where have I read anything about anybody having an ARMED protest or anything else like it. All they want to do is spread fear to HELP PASS more gun control.

I cannot think of anything else that makes it more clear than when the Governor of a State wants to make law abiding gun owners of a state the enemy while they have made lawful peaceful protests and lawful peaceful meetings in the Bill of Rights. If this doesn't tell you something then I don't know what will. You do not declare a state of emergency AGAINST citizens of your own state BEFORE they do something. Nothing has been done except get VOTERS to vote against something, that's all. Now if some people had hit the govt somewhere armed , killing and wounding people then yes a state of emergency should be declared, but THAT has NOT happened.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/virginia-...ergency-militia-threats-gun/story?id=68299433

gds and Lady Hunter like this.
  2. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    This IS getting real guys.

A lawful elected Governor declaring a state of emergency gives said Governor CERTAIN POWERS that he CAN use against law abiding citizens during the emergency.

gds, barney, EC and 1 other person like this.
  3. WILD

WILD 12 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    Wonder what trump thinks about this?,he could do something about this I’m sure.right...?

davers and Carl like this.
  4. timer

timer 10 pointer

Feb 20, 2013
    La Grange
    I hope and pray that the demonstration does not turn violent. I hope it is an orderly and peaceful demonstration staged by thousands of rational men and women. I hope those who are demonstrating do not allow themselves to be cast as the enemies of the national guard troops and the police - many of whom I know support their views. I hope they make a focused effort to show the police that we support them - we are ordinary citizens just like them - and we are not their enemy.

I hope that the police realize that law abiding gun owners prevent violent crime through deterrence.

I have to digress here....Years ago I traveled a lot in the northeast....Philly, Newark, NYC and surrounding areas. This was back in the day when you heard a lot about car-jackings. I used to tell my friends in the northeast that we don't have much of a problem with car-jackings in Kentucky because if someone jerks open a car door in Kentucky, they are likely to be reminded of the "that ain't no knife" scene in the movie Crocodile Dundee. That is, if you jerk a car door open in Kentucky, you are quite likely to be staring down the barrel of a much larger caliber pistol than the one you have. That's deterrence.

But I fear that some radical left-wing idiot will either incite or initiate a shooting in order to give the democrats talking points about the necessity to confiscate weapons that have been legally purchased by law-abiding citizens. I would not put it past some politicians to encourage this to happen in order for them to achieve their party's goal.

gds and Carl like this.
  5. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    The second amendment and the right to a armed militia is also legal and ensured by our constitution!
    The local police should show up and arrest the Governor for even mentioning changing the laws of our country that he took oath to protect.
    If not the militia should be allowed to take the matter into there own hands and do it them selves.

gds, Carl and drakeshooter like this.
  6. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    That's what I have been wondering about..

7. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    I think you are 100 percent right on this. The Dems will have a psycho in the crowd and all hell will break out.

timer likes this.
  8. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    I have always wondered about the Las Vegas shooter because he was seen and known at several of the leftists rallies for years.

gds, Carl and aaronc like this.
  9. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    I'd like to see the police and national guard refuse to enforce the order to remove weapons from the protesters and let it be known that they agree with the protesters. Then for there to be a peaceful assembly.

gds, Brody, Carl and 3 others like this.
  10. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    I'm expecting a 'false flag' with the intention of setting up the patriots...who will, of course be evil and white per the traitorous MSM.

No one has threatened to 'storm the capitol'. That's the excuse. These people are subversive and dangerous thugs.
    =================

Virginia Declares State of Emergency After Armed Militias Threaten to Storm the Capitol
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...77ir8oOqmyzVd3Q515mpHYsrkJ0YkQSHIjm7oq_3J5xT4

gds likes this.
  11. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Glenn Beck was encouraging Virginians to show up unarmed. He also said that he could understand some people showing up armed and immediately surrendering to the police for peaceful arrest. Neither is a good idea in my opinion.

gds and RLWEBB like this.
  12. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    I'm all about the peaceful solution,........unfortunately I also think it's possible to look back and realize that you have "peacefully lost". You gotta play chess and not checkers,....know where your lines are at before you move forward.

gds likes this.
  13. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Exactly. Both of the ideas beck proposed totally defy the premise of the gathering. Both scenarios validate and sustain the communists. It’s completely antithetical to the cause. The demonstration needs to remain peaceful but it also can’t allow the communists to undermine its purpose even before it starts. We have rights and they must be defended.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    gds, aaronc and Wildcat like this.
  14. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    I agree. I hope NOBODY shows up armed. All it will do is play into the democrats and medias hands and they WILL show the people WHY he made that order.

gds likes this.
  15. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    You missed my point. It’s worthless for them to show up unarmed. Completely a waste of time if that happens. Might as well surrender the second amendment