Waverly, Tennessee

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by ribsplitter, Aug 23, 2021.

1. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    It looks like our brothers and sisters just south of us had a disaster receiving 17" of rain, with 22 missing still. The footage that I have seen is devastated, prayers for all the people affected.

RLWEBB likes this.
  2. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Yes indeed they need everyone's prayers. Sad sight

3. GTbowhunter

GTbowhunter 6 pointer

Aug 26, 2020
    Owensboro
    I remember when my hometown went completely under water. Im sending good thoughts to the citizens of Waverly

4. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
  5. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    That is an unbelievable amount of rain

6. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Did you all see those twin babies who were washed away? Breaks my heart. Praying for those folks.

7. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    Some of the survivor interviews are just unreal. Their accounts of people swept away and the amount of time between nothing to water 10' deep in the buildings is heartbreaking.

8. Brown Dogs Matter

Brown Dogs Matter 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    It's pretty jacked up. I live one county away and am in New Johnsonville (the next town up from Waverly) often. A buddy of mine that lives in New J was out that day, trying to help folks.

I volunteered for SAR efforts, but was advised they have enough. Told them if they need relief, I'd be happy to jump in.

The very best thing about living in a small community like this is, absolutely zero people waited for the government to step in and assist. Local churches, most from other cities and counties, stepped up to the plate and were driving over donations before the flood waters even started to go down. A local church in my county provided shelter and contact points for folks seeking help, and local sheriff's offices - some from two counties away -have been helping collect and organize their own donations.

The response from people around this area just reaffirms my faith in humanity, as well as our decision to leave Louisville and move to a new home in the country. Rural and small town folks do shit themselves, they don't wait for handouts. From accounts I've seen today, donations have far exceeded their need and local groups are now specifically asking just for things to help volunteers that are searching for people, removing debris, etc. It's been awesome to see this unfold - people doing what they should do, without being told or waiting on someone else to do it for them...and led by the churches, by and large.

RLWEBB, Munson, Meatstick and 4 others like this.
  9. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Such a sad event!
    I pray for a good outcome for those missing and for the people and family's that lost everything.

10. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    The liberals are sayin good enough for the deniers.

11. Snareman2

Snareman2 12 pointer

Feb 25, 2007
    Terrible and unbelievable at the same time! Amazing. Prayer!

12. Jmd

Jmd Spike

Sep 26, 2016
    Several years ago I delivered in Waverly, Mcewen,Erin and New Johnsonville, some of the businesses I delivered to are gone. These are hard working good people, feel so sorry for them. Especially those who lost love one's. Prayers for all

13. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Can't even imagine what that father is going thru that had the two babies torn from his arms. So sad. Prayers up for all.