Waterfowl permit

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Russell Perry, Aug 18, 2019.

1. DBKY

DBKY Spike

Jul 29, 2019
    KY
    you can’t say KY ain’t fair though, for a small fee anybody can buy a sampling of good ol boy corruption!

2. Russell Perry

Russell Perry Spike

Aug 16, 2019
    Dunlow Wv
    It’s been in the system for several years with these special permits

3. DBKY

DBKY Spike

Jul 29, 2019
    KY
    You mean I could have been hunting private land with the owners permission all these years?!

Giveem3outdoors and Meatstick like this.
  4. Russell Perry

Russell Perry Spike

Aug 16, 2019
    Dunlow Wv
    I guess that I’m gonna check into on seeing how I can go about deleting this post. It’s just not getting anything but negativity . I wouldn’t have posted this unless it was a legitimate cause. Thank you anyway !

5. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    @Russell Perry , if you can clarify what this permit entitles the holder of said permit to, that would go along way to alleviating the negativity. The letter you posted is pretty vague as to what waterfowlers get when holding the permit.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Giveem3outdoors likes this.
  6. Meatstick

Meatstick 10 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    More curiosity than negativity. I don't think your permit can supercede federal regs (two limits). And hell, all of us can already hunt private land with permission. Just need to know what your magic permit permits. Smellin what I'm steppin in??

7. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    And here I thought we were being nice, season of hate not started yet, and all.

8. Giveem3outdoors

Giveem3outdoors 12 pointer

Jan 18, 2009
    ohio county ky
    Not intending to be negative. Just lots of questions. Alot of the stuff this permit supposedly covers doesnt seem federally legal. Guess we just have alot of question that the vague letter did not seem to answer.

Marsh CallUser likes this.
  9. web splitter

web splitter 6 pointer

Feb 3, 2015
    I agree that its not negatively insomuch as curiosity. As you can tell from the inquisitive questions, you would have quite the bidding war if it allows you to kill 2 limits daily as you purported. I personally doubt that it does though.

Giveem3outdoors likes this.
  10. Russell Perry

Russell Perry Spike

Aug 16, 2019
    Dunlow Wv
    Ok I understand. I was trying to answer the questions to the best of my knowledge

11. Russell Perry

Russell Perry Spike

Aug 16, 2019
    Dunlow Wv
    Not being mean I was just trying to answer the questions to the best of knowledge . This is our second year having the privilege of bidding these permits to the interested parties .

12. Brsutton86

Brsutton86 12 pointer

Sep 19, 2009
    Harrodsburg, KY
    I'm interested to see the full details as well.

13. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Do you know what the high bid for the waterfowl permit went for last year?

Russell Perry likes this.
  14. DBKY

DBKY Spike

Jul 29, 2019
    KY
    From what I gather unless I’m wrong and I could be, it appears that if you buy the permit you can reserve a blind instead of having to draw one. It still limits you to only one hunt period, just like if you’d drawn but you are guaranteed that you will be hunting at your chosen wma during your preferred dates. You’d still be limited to all other regulations including daily bag limits. Idk if you would get to choose the blind you wanted to hunt ahead of time or would still have to draw with everyone else.

15. Russell Perry

Russell Perry Spike

Aug 16, 2019
    Dunlow Wv
    It went for $250