Was robbed Friday morning, Lexington

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Fur Feather, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Fur Feather

Fur Feather 6 pointer

Dec 27, 2002
    Lexington, KY, USA.
    Keep an eye out for some items that were taken. 2 Bear compound bows, Stihl MS 250 chainsaw, almost new and a large duffle bag of hunting clothes and accessories. One Bear bow was a TRX 32 Team Realtree Extreme, this bow has a white string guide on it. Dont know the model of the other one but it has red arrows in the quiver.

Marsh CallUser likes this.
  2. Manhattan

Manhattan 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2011
    London,KY.
    Man that sucks...All of us in this group despise thieves and if we catch one in action chances are nothing good is getting ready to happen. Several years ago I was up in the wee hours {around 3:30 am} watching the Haiti mine rescue when I heard a car with a fairly loud muffler idling at my next door neighbors house which was unusual for this neighborhood. I looked out and saw some punk / thug trying to open my neighbors vehicles {Directly across the road from my house}. I woke up my wife "Mrs. Bob" to call 911. My house was next on his list with our trucks parked in the driveway and when he stepped into my yard I jerked my front door open and nailed him right in the eyes with a LaserMax LMS-1202 that was mounted on the barrel of my Remington 870 Express that was loaded with 6-3" mag OOB's. He didn't know what in the hell hit him. He instantly made a run for his car, tripped in my wet muddy drainage ditch to make his escape. I kept the laser on his mirrors for the next several hundred feet until he turned a curve...About 5 minutes later a Sheriff patrol car came down looking for the guy. The thug had been seen and reported doing the same thing in a neighborhood about a quarter mile down from mine. As far as I know they didn't catch the thug but I like to think he is still seeing red dots. I can't post the rest of the story on the internet but I didn't get in any trouble for nailing that bastage with the laser...I know my little story isn't gonna help you get your stuff back but if nothing else folks may get a little chuckle from reading this comment....

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  3. Fur Feather

Fur Feather 6 pointer

Dec 27, 2002
    Lexington, KY, USA.
    Deer in the headlight look for sure. I wish I was sitting at my kitchen table when it happened, I'd gave them .40 reasons to never do it again!!

Manhattan likes this.
  4. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    Sorry to hear that... Will keep an eye out.

5. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Live in Lex. I'll let you know if I see any items like this being sold/traded/etc...on my end. Thieves and liars suck!

6. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I used to trap all the time when I was younger . I had some double spring jaw tooth traps for leg hold . They were bigger than my big hands when opened up .
    So for the story . My brother lived and worked construction in Lexington , in the mid 70's . He lived in a upstairs apartment and could see his car parked outside . One time he caught a man pilfering his car and glove box . He stole a few valuables . Then he caught him going through his car again another night . With him living up stairs he could not get down to get his hands on and catch this guy . So when my Brother came home to visit ,he borrowed two traps off of me . He set them in his car , one in the glove box . From what I was told things got pretty exciting .

Manhattan likes this.
  7. Manhattan

Manhattan 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2011
    London,KY.
    I just love stories that have a happy ending....Not that the idea would give any of us here a new game plan or anything...Just Saying...lol