Want to harvest ducks and geese

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by deerhunter24, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Work on your presentation. Damn

HuntressOfLight likes this.
  2. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    No sir, my mother passed away at an early age, but was probably tempted more than once, lol. He is doing well with all, exceedingly tough individual, indeed. If I remember, I shall make inquiry another time. He enjoys talking about hunting with me, these days.

3. B.M. Barrelcooker

B.M. Barrelcooker 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
    I got me a cup but I ain’t chipped in.

4. Bone_Chaser

Bone_Chaser 8 pointer

Sep 12, 2014
    Whitley Co
    My wife always LOVES when I play this song.

B.M. Barrelcooker likes this.
  5. B.M. Barrelcooker

B.M. Barrelcooker 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
    I thought you was a preacher or some shit ?

6. Bone_Chaser

Bone_Chaser 8 pointer

Sep 12, 2014
    Whitley Co
    That’s my father in law. I’m the rebellious beer and bourbon drinking fellow, who likes to shoot ducks square in the face and married the preachers daughter. Luckily, my sister in law came out as a lesbian and took ALL the heat off me.

7. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Lmao
    That’s RIGHTTTTT

8. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    A portion of your story rather reminds me of one having been passed down, within my own family. Evidently, one man was a bit of a hellion, having upset the apple cart back in the Carolinas during the early 19th Century. We do not know if such was due to him having been upon the wrong side of the law, but he fled to either Tennessee or Alabama, and if my memory correctly serves me, the latter.

The man ended up marrying the daughter of a Primitive Baptist preacher. I have always wondered how that turned out for them, lol. With many records having been destroyed during the Civil War, perhaps those particular ones became lost. I think that he was the one having become a slave overseer, though.

That stated, those preacher's daughters can sometimes be a bit on the wild side. I knew one back in school. She had been expelled from another school, but none of us knew that and I befriended her, going on a blind double date, with some boys from her former school. I am leaving it at that, other than I demanded we immediately depart the venue.

Back to my Duck 101 crash course, I located this old article today, finding it of interest:

https://www.columbiamissourian.com/...cle_2aa8f0c2-e387-11e9-aa93-571dbc40fd7e.html

9. Bone_Chaser

Bone_Chaser 8 pointer

Sep 12, 2014
    Whitley Co
    You remind me of several folks I know. Tim Wilson made lots of money talking about a similar one he called Uncle B.S. Seen everything but the wind, experienced everything but death variety. Only a lot less entertaining. Was your senior superlative most likely to be the first person to use a comma 1,000,000 times before the age of 40?

I hope you have thick skin on this forum, definitely a toolbox discussion area.

10. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Well, before my father became a colonel, he was a drill sergeant, long before hazing was thought to be, how should I say, too harsh. Personally, I believe that it builds character and is extremely necessary for our troops, properly preparing them for battle. My father never took it easy upon me, and I am thankful.

I claim to know absolutely nothing about ducks; therefore, you are out of line. As for that article, it was written by a senior in college, president of their DU Chapter. I do not ascribe to the hypothesis of "global warming/climate change", and via the few articles I have read by those within DU, I notice such is being pushed, which bothers me. Granted, the climate changes, but it has always done so. I simply do not believe that humans impact that change, enough to make much of a difference. Other than that, there appeared to be some useful information within the article, from my perspective.

11. Bone_Chaser

Bone_Chaser 8 pointer

Sep 12, 2014
    Whitley Co
    To be honest, my quote had nothing to do with your link. I never even followed it. Too much work. I usually come here in the evenings, after all other chores are finished, I’m about 6 beers deep, and the wife is preoccupied, to laugh at insults and see what others are doing. On very rare occasion, I learn something. If your are as skilled at banter as scholarly research please prove it. Waterfowl hunters are an odd breed.

gung likes this.
  12. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    If it is too much work for you to tap a hyperlink, and/or you have drank too much to comprehend a simple article, that is your problem, and perhaps why your wife preoccupies herself away from you. As for banter, try to obtain an invite to any private surf forum, and you will learn what banter truly happens to be, lol.

13. Bone_Chaser

Bone_Chaser 8 pointer

Sep 12, 2014
    Whitley Co
    If I had interest in surfing, I would seek out a surf forum, and probably live at least 300 miles closer to an ocean. I prefer to kill deer, ducks and sometimes lie in the name of humor.

14. Bone_Chaser

Bone_Chaser 8 pointer

Sep 12, 2014
    Whitley Co
    Also, if banter is so great on a private surf forum, please start linking or quoting these. Just be sure to use MLA citation.