Want to harvest ducks and geese

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by deerhunter24, Oct 30, 2019.

1. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 Fawn

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    Looking for two guys that want to harvest ducks and geese. I will provide the boat and pay for gas. I use to hunt with my dad all the time now he can no longer duck hunt do to health. Must be willing to hunt hard and be willing to put in the time. Like going in the really cold weather and snow. My Moto the colder the better. Snow and really cold doesn't bother me. I definitely know how to get the ducks and geese my dad really taught me a lot.

Giveem3outdoors likes this.
  2. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    How many did you "harvest" last season?

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  3. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 Fawn

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    Pretty good for the number of times I got out. Didn't get to go out much cause the one guy I have to hunt with some was having back problems and the other guy was busy deer hunting. Then the wind got me some and other times didn't have no one to take the boat with

4. Giveem3outdoors

Giveem3outdoors 12 pointer

Jan 18, 2009
    ohio county ky
    Come on down this way sometime if you want to go. Hopefully you got some good practice on launching the boat this summer.

5. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 Fawn

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    Launching in the summer and the winter is not the same at all I can back it down fine and pull it out but still won't launch by myself summer or winter to dangerous

Giveem3outdoors likes this.
  6. Giveem3outdoors

Giveem3outdoors 12 pointer

Jan 18, 2009
    ohio county ky
    Agreed buddy by all means dont do anything that makes you uncomfortable. Main thing is to be safe. Good luck this season.

7. HeadedWest

HeadedWest 6 pointer

Nov 22, 2016
    Well, you’re resilient. I feel like a good story would come from this.

When the farm ponds freeze, let’s give it a go.

carnivore and Giveem3outdoors like this.
  8. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 Fawn

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    Sounds great send me a message on here I'm ready to go anytime especially on the weekends it means a lot to me

9. HeadedWest

HeadedWest 6 pointer

Nov 22, 2016
    Just message me when you find some birds.

10. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    Good luck this year. Still don’t understand he not launching by yourself but do what makes you feel safest.

EdLongshanks and Giveem3outdoors like this.
  11. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    I was available every... single... day. Im fine with you not going if you are not confident due to conditions (i prefer to stay alive) but you cant say you did not have someone to go with you last year.
    Everyday it was wind, current, debris, or a muddy ramp. Im not mad at you, no-one here wants to see you drown (except maybe meatstick) a couple old buddies had me down and we killed a bunch of geese. Had a blast. Hoping my millet and wheat brings in ducks to my pond this year. You are welcome to put some decoys out and give it a go, but i have doubts we’ll be hunting the big bad O.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  12. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Really glad you are cautious. Ramps can be tricky in the winter. Plus hunting by yourself on big water can be tricky. I like hunting with others in those conditions on big waters out of my boat. But farm ponds I will hunt by myself.
    But I cant hunt with you. I SHOOT HENS and will GIVE A FEW AWAY TO MY FRIENDS. 2 things you are against.
    So therefore rules me out of your boat.

13. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 Fawn

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    I want two guys. Me plus two other ones. You were only one also

14. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 Fawn

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    Finally someone who understands. Everyone I know always try and shoot like the Drake males same with phesant we always try and just shoot the rooster's