Walmart to stop selling pistol ammo and open carry in store

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by KYBOY, Sep 3, 2019.

1. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    Friend of one of my kids that works at Walmart told us a guy was open carrying the other day in the store. He said the guy was acting like he just wanted someone to tell him to leave the store.

2. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    I’m sure there will be a few press the issue.

3. bstickin1

bstickin1 8 pointer

Jul 1, 2005
    Rocky Hill, Kentucky
    Yeah I know, just trying to be a little nicer to the challenged ones these days.

4. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Don’t get me wrong I’d love to boycott them!!!!

mallardkiller likes this.
  5. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman 6 pointer

Dec 20, 2003
    Caneyville, Ky, USA.
    A pretty steep price has been paid for the rights that we have and I'm not willing to give them up for a few bargains but to each his own.

Winchester94, aceoky, Brody and 2 others like this.
  6. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Meanwhile in Texas:

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/46...uns-into-store

"Gun rights activists in Texas are testing Walmart’s request not to open-carry in stores by doing just that.

David Amad, the vice president of Open Carry Texas, told The New York Times the 38,000 members of his group have openly carried their guns inside Walmart stores since the retailer announced last week it is “respectfully requesting” customers to no longer openly bring guns into its stores.

He said none of the members who have done so have been asked to leave.

“They are ducking the issue,” Amad told the Times. “They are trying to get the gun haters to leave them alone, while at the same time leave us alone when we carry in their stores.”

A Walmart spokesperson told The Hill that employees are not instructed to approach peaceful shoppers who may be carrying guns in areas where hunting is popular. The goal is to maintain a “non-confrontational..."

hunt likes this.
  7. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    At Walmart in Lebanon today, I saw a young colored man, an old geezer, and a big ol butch woman all carrying open. Nerry a word was said to any of them

8. mac0492

mac0492 8 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    Everyone said same thing about boycotting Yeti a while back and how many people still buy their items. I don’t open carry because I don’t want to be the first one shot when it goes down, but that doesn’t mean I want to give up the right to. It is private property though. Just don’t shop there is about the only voice you have.

glenmorebuckman likes this.
  9. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Im still mad you never told us what happened to the chum car.

10. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    I wonder how it will turn out for the Lexington WM manager for the confrontations against company policy against that?

11. glenmorebuckman

Dec 20, 2003
    Caneyville, Ky, USA.
    I wonder if he was asked to cover it up or leave the store and he refused.

aceoky likes this.
  12. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    I doubt it simply because no mention of it even by the store manager; never heard LEO making the point either for that matter. Even then IF they did confront him they violated WM policy of "non-confrontational" policy. They used to be real sticklers for following what Corp said "to the letter" I bet they still are

glenmorebuckman likes this.
  13. glenmorebuckman

Dec 20, 2003
    Caneyville, Ky, USA.
    I know they would have had a hard time getting me to sign anything. The first cop plainly says he wasn't in trouble.

aceoky likes this.
  14. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Yep that was stupid, "I" would have said they want me to leave, OK I'm leaving now, the cart is right there, have a nice day! I expect the manager will be moved or worse , curious still though LOL

00noturkey likes this.
  15. mallardkiller

mallardkiller 8 pointer

Dec 27, 2008
    KY
    I no longer shop at this constitution killing store or Kroger or any other Liberal run store....CHINA-MART.