Walmart to stop selling pistol ammo and open carry in store

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by KYBOY, Sep 3, 2019.

1. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    I went shopping in our local Walmart Super Store. I was in the food sections when I heard an announcement that I thought I'd never hear in a Kentucky store. A nice lady spoke, on a loud speaker saying: "Due to Walmart's policy of no firearms, those that happen to be carrying any weapon need to return it to their vehicle. You may then shop in our store, Thank you for your cooperation"....

2. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    What the ...........they have no such thing as a no firearms policy, that lady needs reporting to Corp offices ASAP....BIG difference in no OC and no firearms/weapons

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    KYBOY likes this.
  3. BigBlueLittleBlue

BigBlueLittleBlue Fawn

Oct 4, 2016
    Junction City, KY
    I had a sling shot in a carry on one time and got the rub down of my life, along with my entire suitcase being removed from the plane emptied out and gone through. It starts with "We'd prefer you didnt", then "You're not allowed to" intercom announcements, and ends with "We'll forcibly remove you". And I'm not getting a trespassing charge over going to get pumpkin pie filling. I made garlic bread out of regular sliced bread from the dollar general the other day (staple store in a small town for those who dont know) and my neighbors laughed because I refused to go to Walmart. But tbh, the more I hear about what it's like up there the more I'm like, ya know what I ain't missing out on an awful lot. If I decide to take a trap a mile down the road (I live awfully close to airspace) to empty it, I can walk with my .22lr loaded, no shoes, and a squirming coon in a cage and not a single person bats an eye.

4. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Have y'all seen this????

BigBlueLittleBlue and aceoky like this.
  5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    The cop who raised his voice seems like a real winner.

6. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Had heard of that, hadn't seen it thank you

7. BigBlueLittleBlue

BigBlueLittleBlue Fawn

Oct 4, 2016
    Junction City, KY
    Actual footage of my nose deeply within mens matters, remember some hen houses have no roosters. We can go shooting and discuss it further if you'd like but firearm rights are your rights, your wives rights, your daughters rights, and while I'm not anyone's wife, I am someones daughter and will protect both of our rights to legally carry as we please.

Attached Files:

8. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman 6 pointer

Dec 20, 2003
    Caneyville, Ky, USA.
    I know it doesn't make a difference or help anything but my Walmart shopping days are over. We grocery shop for ourselves and our disabled mothers every week at Walmart and $300-$400 is spent every time but I'm through with that. I know that amount doesn't even make a ripple in the water but it makes me feel better. If more people would stand up against them maybe it would make a difference but we all know that will never happen. The wheel that squeaks the loudest gets the grease but they are always squeaking louder. Oh well, maybe a rampant shooter will go up to a Walmart entrance and see a no open carry sign and will realize he can't go in and just go home.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  9. glenmorebuckman

Dec 20, 2003
    Caneyville, Ky, USA.
    Yes, they are making the statement that they are within their rights to open carry. If they are forced to compromise by carrying concealed, then they don't really have a right to open carry do they? If someone is carrying a sidearm on their hip in a holster, how is that an in your face attitude? It's not like they're walking around twirling it like they're Johnny Ringo!

aceoky likes this.
  10. glenmorebuckman

Dec 20, 2003
    Caneyville, Ky, USA.
    Yeah, he's one of those loudmouth, know it all, take charge kinda guys. Those types usually have the same effect on me as trying to cut something with the backside of a Sawzall blade. Makes a lot of noise but doesn't really sink in.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  11. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    He was trying to escalate the situation which is just stupid and completely unnecessary

12. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Okay... mallardkiller's done gone & ticked me off and I'll just leave it at that!!!!!!!

13. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan Spike

Apr 6, 2007
    SW Indiana
    No. They do NOT have a right to have their neurosis accommodated by the law abiding public. A store owner MAY choose to accommodate a specific group of people if he feels it is to his financial advantage. He has a right to do with and manage his property as he pleases.

14. bstickin1

bstickin1 8 pointer

Jul 1, 2005
    Rocky Hill, Kentucky
    Don't blame ya there, probably would be a whole lot less divorces and kids growing up to be screwed up in the head if all women would get out and hunt, fish, shoot and do all the other enjoyable things the outdoors have to offer. Barefoot and pregnant... lol be damned if that's all I'd want my woman to be.

15. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Yeah his comment was just silly and borderline incoherent. Try harder mallard killer. Be better. By the way, it has nothing to do with “political correctness” either.