Walmart to stop selling pistol ammo and open carry in store

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by KYBOY, Sep 3, 2019.

1. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman 6 pointer

Dec 20, 2003
    Caneyville, Ky, USA.
    That's my feelings on it also.

mallardkiller likes this.
  2. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Also, why do my insecurities or ignorance trump another citizen’s God given inalienable rights? Why should they be unconstitutionally deprived a right just because I’m a sissified fool? That doesn’t seem right to me.

3. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman 6 pointer

Dec 20, 2003
    Caneyville, Ky, USA.
    That's the question that they can't answer because it all boils down to if you don't agree with their views then you are just wrong. Maybe Walmart figures stopping the sale of pistol ammo will stop all the shootings in Chicago!! 1800 shot this year alone!!!

Jack Ryan and mallardkiller like this.
  4. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety.

They are "proud" to be in bed with Michael Bloomberg........wow, that explains a great deal!

Jack Ryan likes this.
  5. rdmallory

rdmallory Fawn

Oct 22, 2009
    KY and FL
    Their store their rules. Just wish everyone would give the same respect to the cake bakers.

Guess they don't have a problem with selling liqueur or cigarettes which kill more people that hand gun ammo.

Doug

RLWEBB and Brody like this.
  6. HCDH66

HCDH66 6 pointer

Apr 10, 2019
    Hardin County
    This just allows stores like Academy Sports and Rural King, as well as local small gun shops, to make more money.

aceoky likes this.
  7. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan Spike

Apr 6, 2007
    SW Indiana
    When a citizen is a victim of crime, they call the police. The police don't just show up at most people's house on a feeling, because they are afraid you MIGHT be burgled tonight or they heard there was going to be a gang land drive through shooting next door to you.
    They show up when you CALL them, AFTER THE CRIME IS COMMITTED. Same for Walmart, they come after the CRIMINALS stealing from Walmart have or ARE stealing. Tax payers don't hire city police to just stand around serving as full time Walmart security.
    Walmart is fine and dandy with all this. Think about it for a minute, IF THE POLICE WHO SHOW UP AFTER THE FACT NEED GUNS TO SHOW UP AND WALK IN TO WALMART, YOU BET YOUR ASS I NEED MY GUN TO GO SHOP IN THAT DEN OF CRIMINAL ACTIVITY. I want to live just as much as any police officer, if he needs a gun to go there, I need a gun to go there.
    If he needs his gun in a holster on his hip to feel safe walking through Walmart parking lot and store, then I need my gun.
    There are NO SECOND CLASS CITIZENS IN THIS COUNTRY! We all are entitled to equal protection AND SELF DEFENSE under the laws of this country and in the eyes of GOD. ACCEPT NOTHING ELSE!

Answer me this, how is it any of your business what I or any one else does? If you get so scared you may whip out your pistol and start shooting, you need to be visiting a psychiatrist not hunting forums.

That IS a good option, for people so fragile that fellow citizens going about their day makes them so fearful they may feel the need to "whip out their pistol and start shooting".

glenmorebuckman likes this.
  8. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan Spike

Apr 6, 2007
    SW Indiana
    aceoky likes this.
  9. ocbowhunter

ocbowhunter 6 pointer

Apr 30, 2005
    LaGrange, KY
    the open carry crowd has brought his one on themselves. I and many of my friends conceal carry as a way of life. The open carry guys appear to be doing so to make a statement. As others have said, I have a right to carry a weapon. Those that are scared of firearms also have rights to not feel endangered by firearms. The solution is concealed carry. The in your face attitude of open carry will result in more and more stores banning weapons entirely.

Lady Hunter likes this.
  10. wv67

wv67 12 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    From what I read , unless I read it wrong , their gonna follow local laws , and it has to be out of sight , which it should be anyways , which is what a conceal permit is for out of sight out of mind , why carry in the open , it just draws attention , and Wal Mart don’t get my money in sporting goods they can shut all their sporting goods down it’s all junk anyways for the most part , I buy locally , and my clothes off line at the Mossy Oak Store for hunting clothes , who needs Wal-Mart

00noturkey and 308 like this.
  11. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    They're going to follow laws on Concealed carry, stopping OC unless LEO which is a HUGE change from not long ago when they simply followed state & local laws on carry period (IF OC were allowed by state law WM allowed it) They put out press releases saying all legal carry was allowed in all of their stores only dictated by state Fed & local laws where the store was located. Now they've gone anti gun including calling for more red flag laws, another bigger AWB , UBC and who knows what else they'll end up backing with YOUR $$$ (if you still shop there of course)

EdLongshanks likes this.
  12. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    I noticed some of you guys say you don’t see anyone open carrying. I guess it depends on your location. It’s pretty common here.
    As I type this the dude directly behind me is open carrying in a crowded restaurant. I’ve paid attention, no one has given him a second look. I guess people are just use to it here

aceoky likes this.
  13. BigBlueLittleBlue

BigBlueLittleBlue Fawn

Oct 4, 2016
    Junction City, KY
    There's very little that I need that I havent found at my Dollar General or planned ahead by purchasing online. Walmart now offers next day delivery and 2 day delivery for free. But, I run/jog 4-10miles per day for errands (blew cat converter), and I do OC while running because I'm very kidnappable, and few would miss me. There have been several times that I've been on a run and someone from my small town has asked me if I'd like to hop in for a trip to the "big city"-Danville, to head to Wally World. During those times, with running shorts and not much on top, I'd rather not worry about getting kicked out because my cz 75 accidentally imprinted or revealed on my 4foot 11 frame when I'm climbing up shelves to grab beans. I shouldn't feel guilty for doing something that is perfectly legal outside of said store. This policy allows alot of room for interpretation by management staff. It empowers and encourages tattle tale customers to express anti-gun sentiments despite OC being legal in Kentucky. And, if successful, sets the framework for other businesses to follow suit, alienating the gun toting community from the general public and further normalizing a gun-free community. The law of the land must apply to the law of the corporation and I wont have any part in a store making it's own dang laws that are contrary to Kentucky law and expect me to follow it.

14. mallardkiller

mallardkiller 8 pointer

Dec 27, 2008
    KY
    So i can have freedom of speech as long as i dont make someone mad as long as i cover it up and they dont hear me....people need to just grow up...men need to grow a set...woman need to be home keeping house and not having there nose into men matters...women and libtards are out of control....sorry but this world need to grow a pair...stop sucking there thumbs and acting like a school Girl.

Brody likes this.
  15. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY

Well thought out answer. And good on ya for protecting yourself!

00noturkey and aceoky like this.