Walleye Tournament Cheaters

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
He must have been an old NASCAR fan. It was a GAME back in the 60's, 70's 80's. Kinda not exactly the Same Thing?? Everyone was in on it.
I think he was talking about life in general 🤣. Either way, these two should be horse whipped. I guess I don’t understand not having more oversight when people are competing for hundreds of thousands of dollars?!? People have been accusing them of cheating for years. Why are they only finding out about this now?

Redlined

12 pointer
Sep 23, 2005
In The Tree Next To Ya
I think he was talking about life in general 🤣. Either way, these two should be horse whipped. I guess I don’t understand not having more oversight when people are competing for hundreds of thousands of dollars?!? People have been accusing them of cheating for years. Why are they only finding out about this now?
Judging from the reaction of that crowd I'm surprised they walked outta there when they started pulling egg sinkers out of those fish.

RLWEBB

12 pointer
Nov 30, 2005
Staffordsville, KY
It's amazing what a few hundred dollars will do to someone. Most tournaments that I fish, I go into them knowing, I've got to beat the cheaters to win. Anyone who thinks it's uncommon is just lying to themselves.
Seems like I saw a story not that long ago where they’d found some submerged baskets at Yatesville. Someone had been using them to keep Bass in I’m sure.

ribsplitter

Cyber-Hunter
Jan 19, 2004
Greenup, ky, USA.
I may be paranoid, but I feel like most tournaments I fish have people attempting to deceive or cheat for money or ego. I have found baskets a time or two over the years in Kentucky waters. Saw people salt holes, move structure with grapple hooks, string fish on fishing line to catch on cranks, cheaters gonna cheat.

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
Any chance this could just be some type of publicity stunt to get the whole world talking about this walleye league that I’ve never ever heard about before?

Anyways these guys are freaking morons, Pretty sure the whole reason they got called out was because the average weight of the 30-40 so other fish that just came through we’re way under what their fish weighed. Not that I would but smart cheat would stuff natural bait fish with lead then put the bait fish in the walleye’s belly. If this is a legit story these guys have probably done this in every damn tournament they fished in the last two years and just got so bold and brazen

Regulator623

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2006
Eastern Kentucky
Same thing happened on the Kayak tournament series where a win is based on combined total length....local guy was using a modified measuring board with a couple of inches removed and glued back together....won over six figures and boats before he got caught. A national tournament was his undoing.

web splitter

8 pointer
Feb 3, 2015
I may be paranoid, but I feel like most tournaments I fish have people attempting to deceive or cheat for money or ego. I have found baskets a time or two over the years in Kentucky waters. Saw people salt holes, move structure with grapple hooks, string fish on fishing line to catch on cranks, cheaters gonna cheat.
What does it mean to salt a spot?

Latest posts