WAL-MART AMMO

captfire

6 pointer
Oct 13, 2015
wal-mart used to have a web site that u could look up to see when they were gting ammo back when the .22 cal. was hard to get any one remember that site I used to use it back then but I lost what it is if u remember it I would like to have it they get ammo in but it is hit and miss thanks....

High Rack

12 pointer
Dec 21, 2009
in the hills
22 and hunting ammo is all you will find there. Stopped selling the good stuff months ago, bought it for a song, sold it for a #1 album.

captfire

6 pointer
Oct 13, 2015
ya I did the same thing I did.nt know if they still had the website re not they are getting some ammo in it's just a hit and miss have to check every day...

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
ya I did the same thing I did.nt know if they still had the website re not they are getting some ammo in it's just a hit and miss have to check every day...
Ammo at Wal Mart may be a trap . Keeps you coming back in that store every day and I am sure you will buy something that you did not go in after . I know it happens to me.

Trapper Delk

12 pointer
Feb 10, 2020
Central Kentucky.
The Walmart in my town has one box of something odd sitting on shelf,. I don't ask if they have anything in back cause I don't need it, and definitely won't buy anything that I gotta beg for

raidergson

10 pointer
Dec 10, 2010
Garrard County
Was it BrickSeek? However, I don’t think it will help too much anymore..... the black and underground market for ammo at WM has been established months ago. Even if you are in good with an employee, the line is very very long.

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
The Walmart in my town has one box of something odd sitting on shelf,. I don't ask if they have anything in back cause I don't need it, and definitely won't buy anything that I gotta beg for
Our local Walmart, has no ammunition of any kind. It has been this way since Christmas; and makes me wonder if they are going to discontinue their hunting counter. Walmart is the only store where one can find guns & ammunition in my town.

Scoony

6 pointer
Nov 7, 2003
Radcliff
Cheaper than Dirt had some scalper level prices..

A lot of folks that are pulling old ammo out of the basement and selling it on hunting/firearms forums classified sections at scalper prices. Some of them have probably complained about Cheaper than Dirt in the past.

I am not complaining, I reload so can only laugh when I see the prices in stores and online. Laugh more when folks are eager to pay 3x the price.

Also another thing I noticed is we seem to be going to a flat rate for ammo. Cheap 308 fmj plinking rounds $39, premium 308 hunting bullets $39.

Just observations.

woodsman92

10 pointer
Feb 16, 2019
Russell Co
Our local Walmart, has no ammunition of any kind. It has been this way since Christmas; and makes me wonder if they are going to discontinue their hunting counter. Walmart is the only store where one can find guns & ammunition in my town.

Have you been to big al’s? Assuming it’s still there, I haven’t been for a few years but he used to have a decent amount of stuff

PUBLIC RAT

10 pointer
Feb 18, 2014
You need someone that works at Walmart that can buy it for you when that truck unloads. 22LR,9mm,223,they get it but sticky fingers grab it first or calls are made to get here now, truck is pulling in. If I was in desperate need of buying i would try and talk to a manager, someone with authority might be truthful. I wouldn't even mess asking sports counter worker. Heard one the other day, says I don't know what day or time it gets here. BS that guy works sporting goods all the time.

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
You need someone that works at Walmart that can buy it for you when that truck unloads. 22LR,9mm,223,they get it but sticky fingers grab it first or calls are made to get here now, truck is pulling in. If I was in desperate need of buying i would try and talk to a manager, someone with authority might be truthful. I wouldn't even mess asking sports counter worker. Heard one the other day, says I don't know what day or time it gets here. BS that guy works sporting goods all the time.
I've already made suggestions to the manager, as to expanding their inventory with: more ammo selections, Reloading supplies ie: Powder, primers, bullets, ect. When I first moved to Kentucky, this particular Walmart's Sporting Goods section was fairly good about having stock inventory of ammunition and firearms. Since the School Shooting at Sandy Hook, they have cut back much of their inventory. I made the commit that they should include reloading supplies, in their inventory, but they said that "No one reloads here"??? So the past several years, I've had to order all my shooting supplies on-line paying almost double for powder, primers. Very Discouraging!!!

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
Have you been to big al’s? Assuming it’s still there, I haven’t been for a few years but he used to have a decent amount of stuff
Yes, I have been to Big Al's but all that place is a "hole-in-a-wall" store having nothing that I need. There use to be a couple more stores here, in Campbellsville, (Big Chief) and one other store but they have gone out of Business years ago. I have drove over to Lebanon, Ky and there they have more selections, but they carry no reloading supplies like powder, bullets, or primers. Again they say: "No one reloads around here". ??? Up in Evansville, Indiana, where I use to live, I could find everything I needed and seldom ordered anything on-line.

woodsman92

10 pointer
Feb 16, 2019
Russell Co
I’ve had more luck with the hole in the wall stores lately than the bigger stores. Last place I seen 556 and 308 ammo was at a feed store a few weeks ago lol

Latest posts