Vigilantes on the border, it was bound to happen

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ojibwa62, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.

Sorry I didn't see this before making that post.

Your right except we went into Iraq both before and after Afghanistan.

2. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Are you talking about the first gulf war to liberate Kuwait? We didn’t full scale invade and we quickly left. The goal was to oust Iraq from Kuwait and that objective was quickly completed. Not to mention ol dudster gave the context of 9/11. The first gulf war is not what he was referring to.

3. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Did we really ever leave Iraq ? Or just cut back a bit ?

4. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Riiiiight. That’s clearly what you meant by bringing up 9/11.

5. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Yep Remember Shock and Awe. That was our first full out thing. Brought to you by Bush 2 and his war machine buddy's.

6. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Care to guess what year that was? Care to guess what year we invaded Afghanistan?

Ataulbe1 likes this.
  7. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

8. wv67

wv67 10 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    Just a drop in the hat doubt they was gonna try and get those folks , be impossible unless highly trained

9. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
  10. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

1/16/1991 Kuwait invaded by Iraq. USA troops go to help, I am sure they stopped at the Iraq border and never went in Iraq proper even tho they had a large air force base there.
    Afghanistan invaded on Oct 7 2001
    Back to Iraq 3-20-2003. So looks like Afghanistan was in the middle between to runs into Iraq. 9/11 had nothing to do with Iraq but Afghanistan and Bin Laden. Remind me why we went to war with Iraq the second time. We are not a nation into nation building recall that ? But sure seem like we gave it a try and not much if anything has changed.

11. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I’m glad you finally looked it up. Thank you. Yes, after 9/11 (which is what you were talking about) we invaded Afghanistan first and then iraq 2 years later.....thus, proving this statement “If the leaders you say were based in Afghanistan why did we attack Iraq first thing and go after one person..” completely false.

12. Bubbles

Bubbles 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2016
    Well done, Ed. Very well done.

If you were a tenured history professor, you would turn it down bc it goes against your free market ideals. Kudos!

13. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.

I've posted this several times before, YOU do not know anything about history and you say you used to be in the US military. US forces along with other forces went STRAIGHT INTO IRAQ from Saudi Arabia in their "Left Hook" offensive. The 101st went first 155 miles deep into Iraq to set up a base INSIDE Iraq then another 60 more miles deeper.

The 24th Mechanized Infantry went the deepest, The cease fire was signed INSIDE IRAQ.

[​IMG]

14. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Yep I was in the military unlike 90% of those who post here and can prove it how about you ? I don't sit around and play Solider like some.